Whaaat?!? No ADV bikes here?

I keep looking at the Husaberg FE501s, but haven't pulled the trigger. I had an 05 KLR250 I put 50,000 miles on in 2 years and an 05 KLR650 I put 60,000 miles on in about 2 1/2 years. Great bikes, just change the oil and ride.

With the KTM/Husky/Husaberg merger, that Husky FE 501 is basically that bike, and super nice too.

a009839f581e82be6f4dce7c606e11ca.jpg
2800d061797f8b7c688dae236580463e.jpg
899b33342506b56775a4556c1fa65707.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rode a new CRF450R this weekend. OMG, insanely fast. And tall, tipped over twice! If there was a street version, 2" shorter...

Howdy. First post here. I have an '09 KLR650 that I bought in late 2012, rode for a few months, then stuck in the garage for the next four years. I took it out occasionally, but I'd have to completely charge up the totally dead battery every time. That was such a PITA that it was a vicious cycle of neglect and I'd go longer and longer without ever even trying to crank her up. I even put the ol' girl up for sale last year, priced it right and everything, but magically, no one bought it.

A couple months ago on a whim, I decided to go for a ride on my little red tractor. Yes, I had to charge the battery, but once I got her running, we went off on a ride around town and then around the lake where she plastered a smile on my face the whole time. We hit a few dirt roads and even drove around a couple of barriers and snuck onto some neglected Corps of Engineers land for some flat trail riding. I had an absolute blast and I could tell that she did, too. This is what she was meant to do! I came home very apologetic to my sweet KLR who had been patiently waiting on me to "rediscover" her all this time.

She was like the nerdy girl at the high school dance that you danced with one time your freshman year, then never really talked to again. Yeah, you'd sort of smile and give her the ol' head nod when you passed her in the hall, but you never really gave her the time of day after that one dance. Then, one day in your senior year, you noticed that "nerdy" girl sitting by herself at lunch and for some reason you went over and sat down next to her. You chatted it up and realized that she really wasn't that nerdy after all, or maybe you realized that YOU were kinda nerdy, too. She hadn't really changed that much, but something was different about her. Now, she was older, maybe a little wiser, and you realized that she could teach you some things if you'd take her out and listen to her. So you started hanging out with the nerdy girl and she started to seem much less nerdy. She was actually a lot of fun. She was starting to look downright sexy when you took her out on some backroads and you all just went wandering through some fields. Or when you stopped down by the lake and the sun hit her just right? Forget about it, you were hooked! I promised I would never ignore her ever again and that I would start buying her farkles. And it just kinda happened...you two were an item.

So, I've been riding her nearly every day now for a couple of months now. Even if it's just a casual ride around town and through Cameron Park here in Waco, which has lots of hills and twisties right along the Brazos River, my KLR and I have developed a fondness for each other that is really quite special. We've started planning our future together that involves all kinds of on- and off-pavement adventures, some camping trips, and the tiniest glimmer of a cross-country ride someday. We'll see how it goes. Wish us luck!
20140803144151849-L.jpg
20140803142618407-L.jpg
IMG00157-20110515-1146-L.jpg

I'm running a 2012 Super Tenere for big trips and a 2014 KTM 450 xc-w for rougher dual sport as well as proper dirtbike abuse. Braaap!

Finally! After selling my WR426f last year, I've been dying to get back on two wheels. It took almost a year of being patient, but a deal popped up locally that couldn't be passed up! Got my hands on a 2008 Yamaha WR250R. Guy posted it, I messaged an hour later and two hours later she was mine. It was a steal!
Aftermarket bars, two sets of tires, 2 gallon rotopax holder, numerous sprockets to play with, woo! Who wants to play on the Central Coast of CA?
wr250r.jpg

I havent messed with bikes much in a long time. I used to go all sorts of crazy places on my old '47 Harley, including deer hunting once. I recently started to get interested again. New stuff doesnt interest me much, I started looking at older bikes and found this 49 Harley thats caught my attention. Id change a few things on it, like the older style dual tanks, and halfmoon running boards, but most of it is good. It would need a sidecar so I can take the dog.

My old 47, the do-all, go-anywhere machine,

modified image.jpg

The one Ive been looking at recently,

49 panhead custom.JPG

Back
Top Bottom