UNOBTANIUM: Toyota Ultimate Utility Vehicle (UUV)

Exploring Elements

Adventurist
The Toyota Ultimate Utility Vehicle, or “UUV,” is a unique combination of different Toyota vehicles that combine to make the ultimate go anywhere mobile office. The first question people ask when they see this incredible machine is; “When can I buy one!?”. Sorry to say, but the answer is never. This custom one-off adventuremobile was specifically designed for the Ever-Better Expedition, and will go on tour with the expedition after the 2015 SEMA Show, where it will be featured in its final configuration. The design idea behind the vehicle was to create a unique mobile office where Toyota Ever-Better team members could teleconference and do work while on the expedition. (Read more and see more photos HERE)
EEToyotaUltimateUtilityVehicle1.jpg

EEToyotaUltimateUtilityVehicle3-14.jpg

Really? A giant flat screen TV in the back for an "expedition?" This glorified Sienna-Taco-offroad-mobile-office idea is excessive, then again this is for SEMA.

No thanks. The armored Sienna on a Taco frame is kind of cool, but all the FLIR satellite flatscreen bloatware is lame. "...Let's see what else we can throw on..." I'm surprised they didn't throw in 4 Recaro bucket seats and mounted gun turret up top... and c'mon, no fridge? You've made a harness bar, why not make an entire roll cage.. Who wants to "teleconference" on an "expedition" anyways? Isn't the point of one to get away from it all? Horrible concept IMO. Strip all the accessories for an actual expedition and it'll be awesome.

/Rant and extreme criticism. :mad:

Great reporting though E/E :)

Cool idea, but bloated up for SEMA. I sort of understand the connectivity, I'm working on that with my project, but for the reason of live blogging, photo /video uploads and some other fun stuff that my publisher is really excited about. But for "real" work? No thanks.

That and tinted required lighting is a huge pet peeve of mine, there is no tinted lighting that conforms with 49 CFR 571.108 because it can't by its very nature, so it isn't legal for on road use in the US.

Really? A giant flat screen TV in the back for an "expedition?" This glorified Sienna-Taco-offroad-mobile-office idea is excessive, then again this is for SEMA.

No thanks. The armored Sienna on a Taco frame is kind of cool, but all the FLIR satellite flatscreen bloatware is lame. "...Let's see what else we can throw on..." I'm surprised they didn't throw in 4 Recaro bucket seats and mounted gun turret up top... and c'mon, no fridge? You've made a harness bar, why not make an entire roll cage.. Who wants to "teleconference" on an "expedition" anyways? Isn't the point of one to get away from it all? Horrible concept IMO. Strip all the accessories for an actual expedition and it'll be awesome.

/Rant and extreme criticism. :mad:

Great reporting though E/E :)

I agree it isn't the way I'd build it, but for sure the things that are kinda cheezy are things that could be pulled off in only a few hours. The base of this thing is pretty freakin awesome! I honestly just appreciate that they built it.

Looks like alot of clearance around those wheel wells, for increased suspension travel... or did they just put some rock hard slammer struts in there... and is that negative wheel camber?

Would fit in at the 7-11 for a ricer meet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

That would be deserving of #coolestmom award. Haha very unique build thats forsure! I for one am very jealous of the Toyota employees that get paid to partake in the Even-Better Expedition. Get paid to drive toyotas around! Sign me up!

Back
Top Bottom