"Uno" the 2015 Tacoma

Got tired of the round Blue Sea USB plug rolling around on the dash as I generated iteration after iteration of 3d printed mounts. Decided to just move the dash brightness knob down and use it's stock position to mount the Blue Sea 1039 panel mount charger.

1661984974192.png

Added a fuse, relay and switch to turn on the compressor remotely. No climbing to the back of the bed now.

1661985126598.png

1661985143692.png

Might be time to make some nice trim panels to hide the rat's nest of wires.

Thinking of using a piece of 2x5 rectangular tube to make a new plate for the ubolts to fasten to. This would allow the nuts for the ubolts to sit inside and the cradles to sit on top. It would get cut at an angle to allow leaf spring movement but allow for the attachment of a bump stop to prevent the cradle from bottoming out.

1662316516792.png

1662316533287.png

With the help of a floor jack and some luck I was able to get the winch and bumper insert installed today.

20220909_170419.jpg

I need to pick up a bit of metal to fab a mount for the Blue Sea cut off switch under the hood and then I can finalize the connection to the battery.

I think you need it.

Think of how big of a camper you can pull with it.

Should get close to 10 MPG with it. After all, 5 is close to 10, right?

First step of a rear seat delete is to hide secure all the wiring that manages my switch setup. A cyber monday sale let me source a piece of chinesium for way less than I could have built anything for.

1669929446276.png

1669929456849.png

Fridge slide is due to arrive tomorrow and then I'll be pulling out the rest of the seat to install a platform for that to mount on. Something simple like this, but covered in rubber or carpet:

1669929559897.png

I'll keep the plastic Toyota bins since they work for my needs. There's a chinesium cover available for the passenger side bin, but I think I might just reuse a cargo net I had on the motorcycle to do something like this:

1669929652325.png

It appears your cover is a pseudo-vault kind of thing. You might want to replace the key lock with a twist (non-key) lock, for convenience.

I assume you know if you pull out the bins, there is a lot of extra space to be gained. Of course, how much space does one really need? The bins also help cut down noise intrusion.

It appears your cover is a pseudo-vault kind of thing. You might want to replace the key lock with a twist (non-key) lock, for convenience.

I assume you know if you pull out the bins, there is a lot of extra space to be gained. Of course, how much space does one really need? The bins also help cut down noise intrusion.

Good call on the twist knob. I'll have to pick one up.

I figured the bins work for me, they're free sound deadening, and to your point I don't need the extra storage space. I might add a molle panel across the back window for some hard attachment point for some items.

Good call on the twist knob. I'll have to pick one up.

I figured the bins work for me, they're free sound deadening, and to your point I don't need the extra storage space. I might add a molle panel across the back window for some hard attachment point for some items.

I have a twist knob you're welcome to, if you want. It came off the Max - I swapped in a key lock. LOL

Rock lights added to rear bumper because I'm getting old and need to see where the tires are going when backing up at night. Very exposed location on the bumper, but they're cheap to replace and wired in with a break away harness so chances are I'll never rip them off. :D

20221213_163433.jpg

20221213_163422.jpg

20221213_163415.jpg

Now I need to go tuck the trailer connector wire harness back up in the bumper since I've just noticed it's hanging down.

Rock lights added to rear bumper because I'm getting old and need to see where the tires are going when backing up at night. Very exposed location on the bumper, but they're cheap to replace and wired in with a break away harness so chances are I'll never rip them off. :D

View attachment 61324
View attachment 61325

View attachment 61326

Now I need to go tuck the trailer connector wire harness back up in the bumper since I've just noticed it's hanging down.
I'm thinking that swing out color is odd and would be hell in the snow!?

I'm thinking that swing out color is odd and would be hell in the snow!?

More of an indicator than actual useable light when in reverse. When I installed it a year ago I was after very visible signals since the tail lights can be somewhat obscured from certain angles. Lights on the swing out have 3 rows of leds: reverse, brake/running and sequential turn signals.

Also...what's snow? :D

More of an indicator than actual useable light when in reverse. When I installed it a year ago I was after very visible signals since the tail lights can be somewhat obscured from certain angles. Lights on the swing out have 3 rows of leds: reverse, brake/running and sequential turn signals.

Also...what's snow? :D
That frozen water stuff! :frozen

Seat lifting things installed. Now my right leg won't hurt anymore on long trips. At least I hope it won't. As a bonus there's now even more room under the seat for things like GMRS radios and french fries.

View attachment 61841
I installed these before the staff winter trip to Utah a while back. Game changer IMO and my legs no longer ache after long drives. I totally get what you're saying.

Back
Top Bottom