The New Jeep JL Wrangler

FCA quietly killed the lifetime warranty this week. I’m much less likely to put $$$$$$$$$$ down on a Fiat without that. While I like the wrangler they haven’t convinced me that the production quality is sufficient. Maybe after a few more years I will have faith that it won’t fail but not yet.

Looking deeper, I can't find real confirmation of that as a an actual FACT anywhere. Outside of a few dealers, who have said this is happening, FCA and Mopar have said its not happening...

...meanwhile, I got an email from FCA that says they are doing a special until 30 November, but it says nothing about terminating the lifetime warranty. Special is $199 to start, 0 sales tax, 0 credit check, no fees. It's a cyberweek deal, so maybe a couple of dealers are playing on people's emotions. My dealer said it wasn't ending. So I guess we will all see on December 1.

:coffee

Was curious to find out the truth here so I called FCA and the Lifetime warranty option will not be available after Friday the 30th.

Rumors abound, but I imagine this plan will be replaced at some point by new plans that cover 10 years or less like Toyota does. We’ll see.

Was curious to find out the truth here so I called FCA and the Lifetime warranty option will not be available after Friday the 30th.

Rumors abound, but I imagine this plan will be replaced at some point by new plans that cover 10 years or less like Toyota does. We’ll see.
Heard that. Due to dealers giving steep discounts on the warranty (on FCA's dime).

I got mine :D

I got mine too.....................guess it was an even better decision now.

The automation is pretty amazing! When human hands are involved the assembly is rotated to facilitate ergonomics. Minimize the repetitive motion injuries.

Boeing builds 737s on a moving assembly line in Renton Washington with similar efficiency.

Back
Top Bottom