Tapatalk

I guess my exclusive use of Tapatalk and being out of country, I missed this. I agree tapatalk was a pain with their frequent broken updates, but I can see this ransomware approach was coming in from the user side too with their VIP "solution" to block their ads. I don't mind a couple dollars to block ads, but I guess this revenue share wasn't making it to the forum owners. That's not good for the longevity of the forums.

I'm bummed, because I like having all of my forums in a single feed, but not at the price of the community.

Given today's announcement at what Vizio was doing with TVs and I'm sure Tapatalk is up to similar things...

Thanks Dave, I guess I'll get used to the web interface.

Above all, the most egregious thing for me is the insidious manner in which Tapatalk was hijacking user accounts to send spam PM's to other users, pushing their app. And the constant pop ups that were foisted upon non-users of Tapatalk.

Those two issues alone were enough for me to pull the plug for good.

:spam

Trust me, it is not just them. I'm sure Samsung will have an "update" in the background too. Probably Amazon and Apple too, though at least the latter two have clear statements in their EULAs.

I guess my exclusive use of Tapatalk and being out of country, I missed this. I agree tapatalk was a pain with their frequent broken updates, but I can see this ransomware approach was coming in from the user side too with their VIP "solution" to block their ads. I don't mind a couple dollars to block ads, but I guess this revenue share wasn't making it to the forum owners. That's not good for the longevity of the forums.

I'm bummed, because I like having all of my forums in a single feed, but not at the price of the community.

Given today's announcement at what Vizio was doing with TVs and I'm sure Tapatalk is up to similar things...

Thanks Dave, I guess I'll get used to the web interface.

Yes, what he said...I think?
I don't know what the hell you're talking about? But I'm pretty sure It's not my fault, I was out of the country too? If it is I'm sorry, and I deleted Tapatalk from my phone, which is good, right?
Oh God I'm so confused!

Trust me, it is not just them. I'm sure Samsung will have an "update" in the background too. Probably Amazon and Apple too, though at least the latter two have clear statements in their EULAs.

26 pages in using microscopic font.

Back
Top Bottom