Sunday's hike

T McArthur

Adventurist
Last Sunday went for a hike down the Fishbowls trail into the Sespe Wilderness. On some private property north of the national forest they were holding some kind of event for the NSTRA (National Shoot to Retrieve Assn.) but Avery and I didn't stop there. Instead we headed out on the trail for some quality alone time. I was careful not to park in the handicapped parking area. Trailhead is marked YOU ARE HERE.

IMG_7030.JPG

IMG_7028.JPG

It is a mixture of open area, thick brush along a creek and some open pine forest. Along the way Avery acted just like she'd seen a rattlesnake - jumped straight up and then ran backwards away from it. I didn't hear a rattle nor did I see a snake but we avoided that place anyhow.

IMG_7039.JPG

IMG_7043.JPG

IMG_7038.JPG

IMG_7034.JPG

We were making good time on the trail. Not as many wildflowers as I would have hoped but with the drought, it is to be expected. More than a few poppies and some areas were carpeted in yellow or purple.

IMG_7041.JPG

IMG_7032.JPG

IMG_7042.JPG

Most of the way to our destination we ran into a couple of volunteers clearing downed trees across the trail the old fashioned way. Instead of going on we stopped to help. Then we walked back to the Fishbowls trailhead together and I gave them a ride to their truck which was parked a couple miles south at the Cedar Creek trailhead, their entry point. All in all a good day.

IMG_7046.JPG

Looks like a nice trip. Thanks for helping out those volunteers too - great initiative and example!

Back
Top Bottom