Review of Magma Nestable Stainless Steel Cookware (Set of 10)

MostlyHarmless

Adventurist
Founding Member
Hello fellow camp cooks,
I have had this set of pans for a number of months now. I didn’t want to write any review of them until I had had a chance to use them while camping. Finally after the last camping trip I feel I can give a well informed opinion.

P6170309.JPG
P6170310.JPG

First off, right out of the box, this set of pans has a quality feel. They are heavy and well balanced. The bottoms are milled perfectly flat, and the pans nest snuggly together. To balance out the extra weight in my galley, I removed my mixing bowls, figuring that since there are so many pans in the set I can use the extra ones for prep.
The thick bottoms allow for even distribution of heat resulting in less scorching (important for us easily distracted cooks.). The locking handles work like a dream, easy on, easy off, very secure when attached.

P6170312.JPG
P6170311.JPG

These are much better quality then the pans found in many homes, I would use them in my home kitchen, but my mother has already supplied me with high end cookware to use there ( yes I am spoiled).

These would make a nice addition to the kitchen kits of people with vehicle based galleys, but unfortunately due to their heavy nature they would probably be cumbersome in a chuck box. The only other downside is their price at about $175 . You either have to be very serious about your cookware or plan on using them a lot to justify the expense. I use both as an excuse. Actually these were a gift from my hubby, and I must say I would rather receive cookware or tools instead of jewelry or expensive clothes, they are my kind of bling.

Overall I give them 2 spatulas up!
Over and out,
Dr. CDawg

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I for one can really appreciate having real "full size" pots and pans when cooking for friends. What size is that deep skillet?

These would go nicely with my glamp kitchen :chef

Very nice, thanks for sharing. I for one can really appreciate having real "full size" pots and pans when cooking for friends. What size is that deep skillet?

These would go nicely with my glamp kitchen :chef

It's listed as a 9-1/2" saute pan Dave. It is 2-5/8" deep. And they would go nicely with your Glamp kitchen....

Last edited:
Those are really nice; I came close to getting them too.
But I stumbled onto these after checking out sailboat forums; it was under $80 shipped when I got them 2 years ago though.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-STOW-8-Stowaway-Stainless-Steel-Cookware/dp/B0007QS6G2

Same idea really. Comes with two detachable handles and a nifty bag. Cooks great; no hot-spots.
I carry these, a ceramic wok, and my anodized aluminum GSI Dutch oven. The wok actually does the most work.

We've had the smaller set of Magma's for almost 2 years. No complaints. They work as intended and do what they're supposed to do w/o drama. They also have traveled a lot of bumpy miles on their side and don't show it. Recommended.

btw, I'll say the same for the Magma bbq.

Back
Top Bottom