Q&A for New Members: How To Get Started Here

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
I started out with an old Toyota pickup, bombing around logging roads in the PNW. Over many years, and many many mistakes along the way, I developed a certain set of skills and some degree of knowledge that is continuing to evolve day by day. I've traveled and wheeled in some of the most adverse conditions and locations on Earth, but I still have so much to learn.

The honest truth is, none of us have all the answers. Not me, not you, and we should carefully consider anything from anyone who positions themselves as the "be all, end all" on any topic.

The best way to do that is to be humble, and remain teachable. I may be able to teach you a thing or two, but you may know something else that is as yet unknown to me, or to group at large.

The old saying, "Apes Together Strong" applies here, and together as a group it's likely that we can learn or solve most anything.

So please, feel free to ask your questions here. Why re-invent the wheel when there's someone who can help you?

How can we help you get started?

:questions

Hello

I have a 2020 Silverado 2500HD with dual starting batteries that I’m building for overlanding and always looking for input on what I may need and how to improve my set up. The next upgrade I’m researching is adding one or two additional batteries in the back to run my 4 diode dynamics SSC1 camping lights and a Dometic CFX3 55IM refrigerator and any other camping accessories I add in the future. Is there any other members that have done this with their diesel trucks or are currently in the process of doing it?

Back
Top Bottom