Power Wagon Build

Lol...thanks gents. Just stuck on the interior build now.

Although Dave, I was going through some old photos looking for your Taco build and stumbled upon this little gem.

DSC_0487.jpg

Lol...thanks gents. Just stuck on the interior build now.

Although Dave, I was going through some old photos looking for your Taco build and stumbled upon this little gem.

View attachment 58504

Damn...that was one helluva trip...almost lost my face at Geologists Cabin. Crazy that the dude who has run the last two Mars missions was rocking a built Durango on that trip.

Damn...that was one helluva trip...almost lost my face at Geologists Cabin. Crazy that the dude who has run the last two Mars missions was rocking a built Durango on that trip.

I still talk about that trip, and the recovery of your WJ all the way from Striped Butte through Warm Springs canyon to Badwater.

Epic trip!

Lots of friends from that trip that I still have today. Adam, Dave, Louis and Lindsay, and even the shithead that started this thread.

So I couldn't bring myself to buying Goose gear and essential tried to make a cabinet/rack system on my lonesome. The 80/20 extruded is actually fun, but I can totally understand why the Goose Gear stuff is at the price it is, it's alot of work.

The left side Goose Gear cabinets came with the Habitat and will be utilized for kitchen and quick access items in the drawers. The back left cabinet has all my recover gear and tools.

The right hand side is what I built around a Tortuga fridge slide. These photos don't have the finished shelves yet, as I'm cutting and routing them in the coming weeks.

Next steps will be heating and water. For water I plan on using at Front Runner slim vertical 10gal tank mounted against the front portion of the bed.

Heat wise I'm stuck and need some advice. Right now I was going to either use the new Truma Vario Heat (sourced from GB) and mount inside. The second thought was a Propex 2000 in a box on the roof rack over the cab. I know there are diesel heaters and portable diesel heaters but I don't want to add a third type of fuel to the entire package. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

20220121_164534.jpg
20220122_175051.jpg
20220122_175410.jpg
20220122_185428.jpg
20220122_185432.jpg
20220126_184339.jpg
20220126_212613.jpg

I may be parting with a used propex hs2000 as I think we will be going with a diesel heater on the Ovrlnd Camper. We have been using it out of a toolbox to heat the shiftpod.

The cabinet looks great, where did you source the extrusion, I have been shopping around online and there seems to be some pretty big price changes from website to website.

Let me know if you want to sell me your Propex. I'd take it off your hands for sure.

I got the Extruded aluminum from McMasterCarr. Pricing seems on par for the actual 80/20, and no shipping as they are 25 minutes from my house.

Threading the ends takes a bit of a learning curve. Ended up using the Milwaukee tap and drill bits at a 1/4-20, as all the 80/20 accessories (corner brackets and such) are threaded at 1/4-20 for the 1010 series.

Propex 2000 is very quiet and very efficient, but the 2000 may not be enough for the AT Habitat, it struggled to heat the massive volume inside my FlipPac. And I'm not 100% comfortable with the dependability of Truma.

Recommend the Propex 2800.

HS2800-current.jpg

That's great to know Dave, thanks....no sense putting one in there and it wont make Mama happy. Always forget the tremendous volume the Habitat has.

Anyone have a trusted source for Propex heaters?

That's great to know Dave, thanks....no sense putting one in there and it wont make Mama happy. Always forget the tremendous volume the Habitat has.

Anyone have a trusted source for Propex heaters?

I'd ping Mario at AT

Reached out to AT and they no longer sell the or utilize the Propex systems. They will happily install the Truma Varioheat at $2500....ouch. That's a solid no for me.

Reached out to AT and they no longer sell the or utilize the Propex systems. They will happily install the Truma Varioheat at $2500....ouch. That's a solid no for me.
I am about 90% sure we will be selling the propex 2000, I will let you know

Back
Top Bottom