My Dog Loves Camping!

In December we got our GSP puppy and they are notorious bolters and surprisingly my wife was the one that wanted to try the collars and I was apprehensive. I have to say its the best training tool for a dog that I have ever used and I agree 100% with what Malamute said on how they should be used, that they can easily be miss-used and should never be used as punishment. Before ever using it on our dog we tried it on ourself and we have it set so low that I can barely feel it but its enough to startle the dog and get his attention although it does have a Panic button that will give a pretty good wack but that should only be used if the dog is putting himself into a life threatening situation like running onto a highway or busy road; we have yet to use that feature.

Here is Bodie

Bodhi.jpg

In early February we got his new sister Sadie and they are inseparable. We have not gotten her collar as of yet but will be soon.

Sadie.jpg

Bodhi.jpg

Sadie.jpg

I've taken my 6 month pup Hagrid, yes that Hagrid my kids love the movies. He loves to go hiking and loves the exercise. But absolutely hates water.

IMG_20151207_001411.jpg

Love this thread!

@Lenkerr Queensland Heeler, right? Lots of stunning pups in this thread, but wow. Yours stands out, sir. My father-in-law had a red Heeler a few years back. So much energy.

We had an Aussie mix named Mia for about six years. A real sweetheart, but she was timid. And then our toddler kept wanting to sneak up on her (usually when she was eating or sleeping in a corner). Needless to say, we had to find Mia a new home. She has 2 adoptive Aussie siblings now and goes mountain biking with a retired couple in northern Arizona.

As a house is not a home without a dog (even for a cat person like me), after much thought, V and I recently decided our daughter (now 3) needs a puppy for Xmas. We just adopted Nora yesterday from a rescue shelter in Cave Creek. Can't wait to bring her home and get the whole family camping ASAP.

cantwaitcantwaitcantwaitcantwait

EDIT: resized

IMG_20151206_163449.resized.jpg

You just changed your life and that of your daughter! My kids spent their formative years with Nikki. They are far better people because of it.

Cam

In dog-like fashion, I dug this thread up to post up this guy, our new adventure dog. This is Mack; he's a 9 month old French Bulldog. We adopted him yesterday. I don't know if he likes camping yet, but he better learn fast. He does like Jeepin it though, so that's a step in the right direction.

2017-05-31 17.51.53.jpeg

Not a great pic but he's always with us off the Grid. Five yr old Lab / Shepard mix rescue. One of my best when out and about... he's my "Velcro" dog always at my side.

20170323_121808.jpg

those are some fine animals everyone.
Hard decision took place last Sunday in our home, Monday 10\9\2017 was the day we are taking Scooter (one of our Rat Terriers) in to have him put down. He's been battling canine congestive heart failure for alittle over 3 years, the medication has helped to a point but isn't enough anymore sense it has progressed in the final stages. This is the part of a dog owner I can not deal with. He lived a good life 15 plus yrs, kept my wife Sally & I in stitches with his corky personality & what he does. He loved coming down the shop with me while working on my customers firearms, going camping, for rides whether on river in my bowfishing boat with me, running limb lines & riding on the mower when I mow the grass, the Kawasaki Mule cutting firewood, keeping me company on the back deck while I BBQ or other task around the farm. He's going to be missed badly.

22279603_1471283032920566_8399078692843704167_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom