Mountain Rendezvous Rumors

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
Lots of cool stuff going on behind the scenes this year! The community was able to get some propane fire pits together to donate to Camp Tahquitz which is a HUGE win for everyone. Meanwhile, we have some other important things to share that will come in subsequent posts like vendors in attendance, training opportunities, raffle prizes, local trail runs and more.

:spy :box :spy

Last edited:
Rumors of super cool raffle prizes

Your $40 donation to the BSA could get you a Shiftpod!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
You asked for training opportunities? Classes?

We're proud to announce that our very own @Chris Wharton, proprietor of Basecamp Expeditions will be teaching a class on Go Bags aka Bug Out Bags at the stage/main fire ring on Saturday from 1000 to 1100.

ILE18pzT.jpg

Chris is a former member of the Legion (yes, THAT Legion) so he knows what he's talking about. Eyeballs click!

After lunch, I will be giving a class on Basic 4WD Recovery Gear from 1300 to 1400 at the same location.

I4WDTA.png

Bring your own recovery bag if you'd like me to critique it after class!

I'm a definite maybe for a trail run.

Our vehicular situation is currently in flux...Chris, Kelly's boyfriend, is out in the backyard slaving away on my old '91 YJ rock crawler trying to get it running again (I fried the electrical on it maybe 5-6 years ago). If "we're" successful, and "we" can get paperwork in order and some new tires on it between now and then, "we" may bring both Jeeps up there. If "Chris" (hah, see what I did there:cool:) doesn't have the YJ ready, I may still bring the '05 LJ...or I may not!:rolleyes:

On a sidebar... a word to the wise, I can diagnose electrical, but I can't wire/do electrical repair work to save my life...if you're in a bind and I fix (and I use the term "fix" VERY loosely) anything electrical on your vehicle, be worried...and get it to an auto electrician ASAP.

I can diagnose electrical, but I can't wire/do electrical repair work to save my life.

Haha. We should be neighbors or something. I'm the exact opposite. Can't trace a voltage drop for love or money, but I love me some structured cabling. That's how I got my start turning wrenches; wired up some gauges for a buddy's turbo install back in 2002.

Small world.

Now, to that initial post by Dave, lack of hydration and first-timer overdrive (and beer, and rum, and whisky) cost me dearly at Overland Expo West this year. I didn't get half the stories I wanted.

This will be my second MRV and, as much as it scares the crap outta me, I'm gonna be making the rounds, walking into camps with a camera and a voice recorder, looking for stories. I run the digital side of AL. I believe in adventurists like us. You have a story worth sharing. Expect me.

Haha. We should be neighbors or something. I'm the exact opposite. Can't trace a voltage drop for love or money, but I love me some structured cabling. That's how I got my start turning wrenches; wired up some gauges for a buddy's turbo install back in 2002.

Small world.

Now, to that initial post by Dave, lack of hydration and first-timer overdrive (and beer, and rum, and whisky) cost me dearly at Overland Expo West this year. I didn't get half the stories I wanted.

This will be my second MRV and, as much as it scares the crap outta me, I'm gonna be making the rounds, walking into camps with a camera and a voice recorder, looking for stories. I run the digital side of AL. I believe in adventurists like us. You have a story worth sharing. Expect me.

Stay away from me with that rum but mostly the whiskey, if its stories you are looking for, just add alcohol! lol

Any interest in a medical class @Dave ? 25 years as a paramedic for San Diego City. Can go over kits, skills etc. I have experience teaching at the local and national conference (Firehouse World) level.
Some backwoods impromptu medicine type class would be great.

Keep the red stuff on the inside going round and round and the air going in and out until you can get to advanced care type of thing.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

IWT and Dave, once you get the concept shoot me a mail, I will adopt the go bag med kit contents to support your minimum med tools list and your class. Tampons, duct tape, improvised tourniquets. Please let us know what we can do to support your class.

IWT and Dave, once you get the concept shoot me a mail, I will adopt the go bag med kit contents to support your minimum med tools list and your class. Tampons, duct tape, improvised tourniquets. Please let us know what we can do to support your class.

Chris, I'll PM my contact #. On the East coast until 31JUL

Back
Top Bottom