Monache Meadows - Father's Day weekend

Dennx

Adventurist
We traveled with several ExPo folks to Monache Meadows in the South Sierras. It's been on my bucket list and was one of the best, most memorable ways to spend a Father's Day weekend.

Full album

That's a hazard 4 sun-tac hat, my favorite camp hat under the FJ. It must have fell out of the truck and the wind blew it under. I drove off and had no idea it was there. :(
Time to get another one and install my soft goods "gear loft" into the FJ.

Daddy and Daughter casually fishing. I didn't catch anything, but I didn't care.

Beaver dam to the left of center, next to the sand bar. I spotted the beaver swimming among the grass in the water.

Last edited:
Great pics - love seeing the cows still there too! Looks like you had great weather. Love those meadows.

I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer, but don't let folks see that second and third pic of all of you parked off the trail on what treehuggers might consider sensitive ground or driving off designated trails.

Great pics - love seeing the cows still there too! Looks like you had great weather. Love those meadows.

I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer, but don't let folks see that second and third pic of all of you parked off the trail on what treehuggers might consider sensitive ground or driving off designated trails.

Thanks and noted. ;) The weather was great. It was chilly overnight, but we were snug as a bug in the roof tent.

Great pics Dennx. It definitely was a memorable trip, but too bad we were on the other side of the river.

Glad you guys had a good trip, I wanted to go, but just did not have the funds for two Monache Trips in two weeks

Chilly overnight temps make for some great camping/sleeping weather!

Gotta say that's more cows than I've ever seen in all my trips to Monache! Beef - it's what's for dinner! Had one bull on the DS of my truck on the way out one year want to get very personal...like looking at me thru rolled up window about two inches from the glass! Didn't have my camera that year as I'd been up there so often! Wish I had taken it for that 'look' I got! Kern river didn't look to high for early in the season - poor snow conditions. I'm usually not up there until Septemberish and the river looked lower in your pics than I've seen it then.

I know trail is a single track and even opposing traffic has to move off for passing.

Nice pics...thanks for sharing them. Its always nice to see the kiddos out enjoying the wide open spaces.

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing - that's an amazing place.

Absolutely awesome time by the looks of it! I may have to rent some children so I can come out west and do this!

Back
Top Bottom