Let's talk cameras!! I'm shopping ....

The problem with used, is at this price point, the sensor tweaks make a just a model year old OK, two model years, I would not do it. I have a D200, love the camera in great light, but it does not compare to the color depth and noise of a newer camera.

I have me a Nikon 5200 and am pretty new to Photography but with the available options I am able to take some really good pics.
At work we have a Nikon 3200 and when I can I borrow it, keep a 50mm or 35mm lense on it and my zoom lense on the 5200. Makes it easy for quick shots...
NikonE.jpg
NikonD.jpg
NikonC.jpg
NikonB.jpg
5200A.jpg

So, this thing happily showed up in my purchases today!:) I've been wanting one ever since I started transporting myself around the country. I got the GoPro Hero 4 Silver and the smart remote and lastly the 64 GB Extreme PLUS microSDXC UHS-I card with adapter . Now I just need a perfectly good plane to jump out of.:para

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    897.7 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
We don't need no stinkin parachutes!!! Besides my legs are long enough that I could just step out of the plane...or I can go down to the local surplus store...and buy an old Army parachute...

Last edited:
I have a Canon T2i for my first DLSR and I have been shooting with it since July 0f '12. I am self taught but did bug pro friends for a while at first. One of them turned me on to Lightroom. I am hoping to fund a D70 in the next few months. I know some are diehard about glass but this was with a Tokina. Been great so far.

Attachments

• 10479041_10201765316815214_7114935256526897295_o.jpg
    10479041_10201765316815214_7114935256526897295_o.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 117
Forget the brand argument. They've all got great features and capabilities you won't tap. Get the one that fits your hand. My Canon 60D fits like a glove making is a joy to use.

Forget the brand argument. They've all got great features and capabilities you won't tap. Get the one that fits your hand. My Canon 60D fits like a glove making is a joy to use.
This right here. Personally I am a fan of Canon, and that is all I will buy, but everything has come so far you really can't go wrong.

http://desktoglory.com/the-best-camera-for-overlanding/

I wrote a post about The Best Camera for Overlanding a little while ago. Since then we picked up a Sony A6000 for Ashley (which I have borrowed on occasion) and have been really impressed. Small, APS-C sensor, and full manual capability all for about $700 depending on where you buy it. Everything has it's purpose, but this is a pretty good bang for the buck. I keep looking at the Sigma 19mm lens for it (super sharp prime and only $200!). I sold my spare 5D Mark II to pay for this and had money to spare. It'll work just fine as a backup in case something happens to my Mark III on the road.

The A6000 doesn't really touch my Canon 5D Mark III and 35mm f1.4 for image quality, but the little mirrorless Sony is a great option for a quarter of the price.

http://desktoglory.com/the-best-camera-for-overlanding/

I wrote a post about The Best Camera for Overlanding a little while ago. Since then we picked up a Sony A6000 for Ashley (which I have borrowed on occasion) and have been really impressed. Small, APS-C sensor, and full manual capability all for about $700 depending on where you buy it. Everything has it's purpose, but this is a pretty good bang for the buck. I keep looking at the Sigma 19mm lens for it (super sharp prime and only $200!). I sold my spare 5D Mark II to pay for this and had money to spare. It'll work just fine as a backup in case something happens to my Mark III on the road.

The A6000 doesn't really touch my Canon 5D Mark III and 35mm f1.4 for image quality, but the little mirrorless Sony is a great option for a quarter of the price.
I looked at those Sony mirror less cameras and I was impressed with what I saw. I still haven't made up my mind yet but I'm leaning towards the Canon because from what I understand and please correct me if I am wrong, is that all Canon lens' fit all of the bodies. So if I have a lens from 1977 it will still fit a modern Canon and vice-versa. I did buy a GoPro Hero Silver as mentioned in a prior post.

On Canon bodies, most lenses made in 1987 and newer will work (EF Lenses) with varying degrees of automation (ie, auto-focus, aperture controls, etc) depending on the lens and the body. Lenses prior to 1987 (FD lenses) will not work on a modern Canon DSLR.

Nikon, on the other hand, can accept almost all lenses from their SLR line of cameras. Obviously, many of the older lenses are manual focus and metering, but that's not really a big deal if you're able to work that way.

On Canon bodies, most lenses made in 1987 and newer will work (EF Lenses) with varying degrees of automation (ie, auto-focus, aperture controls, etc) depending on the lens and the body. Lenses prior to 1987 (FD lenses) will not work on a modern Canon DSLR.

Nikon, on the other hand, can accept almost all lenses from their SLR line of cameras. Obviously, many of the older lenses are manual focus and metering, but that's not really a big deal if you're able to work that way.
I have my dad's old Canon AE-1 and an assortment of lenses he had for it. I picked up an adapter from B&H. They work ok. I wouldn't mind giving film a try some day.

Sony, Panasonic and Oympus are all making some nice 4/3 cameras now.

Attachments

• 1781702_10200769214953290_970534149_o.jpg
    1781702_10200769214953290_970534149_o.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 105
I have my dad's old Canon AE-1 and an assortment of lenses he had for it. I picked up an adapter from B&H. They work ok. I wouldn't mind giving film a try some day.

Sony, Panasonic and Oympus are all making some nice 4/3 cameras now.

Awesome! Shooting film is really fun, but paying for the developing can hurt the bank account... I think I spent $40 for film and developing last time I shot a roll of 24 on my Pentax ME.

Sony's small mirrorless actual use an APS-C sized sensor (similar to Canon's 7D and other cropped sensor DSLRs) ;)

Keep that AE-1. I've got one and love love love it. Lenses are cheap and plentiful, and sometimes you just want to play with film.

I ended up getting a 70D a few days ago. I like it so far but there is a lot to learn. The deal on the 6D was too good to be true. Bait & switch place. The bad thing about the 70D was finding out Lightroom 4 didn't support it, I never got the LR5 upgrade and had to get LR6 (BTW, they hide the serial numbers really good!). I can't wait to get some play time with the new one.

Congrats on the 70d. I think you'll enjoy that for many years.

If you've got just a tiny bit of leftover scratch, grab the canon 50 1.8 lens. It's ultra-cheap and gets you into those large aperture, creamy shots that make a DSLR so desirable.

I've got an itch to make some changes to my system, and I'm seriously considering jumping to a Fuji XT1. Anyone have any experience with them?

Congrats on the 70d. I think you'll enjoy that for many years.

If you've got just a tiny bit of leftover scratch, grab the canon 50 1.8 lens. It's ultra-cheap and gets you into those large aperture, creamy shots that make a DSLR so desirable.

I've got an itch to make some changes to my system, and I'm seriously considering jumping to a Fuji XT1. Anyone have any experience with them?

Igot it. I try it out again every now and then at concerts. I either have to move a lot or crop the photo. It doe work great. My favorite is my Tokina 11-16.

Back
Top Bottom