interesting

He should have filed an insurance claim rather than a warranty claim. Let the insurance company fight to see if they can get GM to warranty stupid.

Over on TacomaWorld, the discussion regarding this is the trailer was 2900#, the guy was doing 40 MPH and hit gully or berm. The trailer went airborn.

He obviously did not stick the landing...

Over on TacomaWorld, the discussion regarding this is the trailer was 2900#, the guy was doing 40 MPH and hit gully or berm. The trailer went airborn.

He obviously did not stick the landing...
I had seen a similar version in one of the other places I had seen this as well.

Interesting (older - 2015) article on bent frames down under.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/reviews/bent-utes

This is an interesting bit.

"And it’s only the rare car company that makes any allowances for dirt roads; most prominently, Land Rover changes their maximum tow weights from 3500kg to just 1000kg when off-road."

Just over 7700 lb tow rating down to just over 2200 lbs when towing off road. Or 28.6% of the rated tow capacity when off road. The tongue capacity should be reduced as well I guess.

My Tacoma has a max towing and tongue capacity off 6500 and 650 lbs respectively. A reduction to 28.6% would yield 1857 and 186 lbs.

A ZR2 Colorado Duramax has a max towing capacity of 5000 lbs not 7700 lbs (Read the fine print). The 28.6% formula yields 1429 and 143 lbs.

The guy had a tongue weight of 347 lbs and a trailer weight of 2100 lbs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom