INREACH EXPLORER+ HELP

woody

Adventurist
Hi all,having difficulty getting the text message function working. Have unit paired to my phone but? Located in San Diego area

Have you restarted and repaired(blutooth) both units?

Can you send a test message from the Inreach unit?

Last edited:
If you bring it to the toys for tots event I will give you a hand with it

Thanks everyone that replied, I will try re-pairing and see if that works. I will also contact Garmin to make sure they switched over to this unit from previous model, fellow on phone said he did it but?

Have you tried texting straight from the InReach rather than through the paired phone?

Thanks all, finally got it working!! Dang buttons were meant for people of minuscule size. Part of problem was texts are NOT as fast as regular ones

Thanks all, finally got it working!! Dang buttons were meant for people of minuscule size. Part of problem was texts are NOT as fast as regular ones

Oh yeah, and there’s precisely zero indication of what’s going on. Clear line of sight helps with speed too. I now “mount” my InReach by simply attaching the carabiner to the rear view mirror post and dropping it over the mirror to keep it in place.

Now to transition to using my andriod keyboard. This ought to confuse an old geezer like me for at least a few days :confused:

Back
Top Bottom