I Took the Plunge. New 2017 Honda Pioneer 500

A blessing of friends. A couple of my buddies came over to help get me up to speed on the P5. I'm leaving in a couple of weeks and wanted much of the P5 done for now. We attached the side mirrors, finished installing the winch, the Hi-Lift Jack, horn, turn signals, tidied up all the wiring, painted the rear rack board and placed the big black tool box not nailed down yet..., mounted the license plate holder with illuminated light and there is still more to come. For some reason, the license plate illuminating light stays on, so we installed a toggle switch in front of the drivers cup holder that controls the horn, turn signals and plate light illuminator. I also installed the winch control switch on top of the steering column between the two paddle shifters. The external control for the hand held winch control we mounted just below the A in Honda. Had to shave a little of the grill, but its a nice fit. The turn signal indicator lights and horn toggle are mounted in the dash.

IMG_0466.JPG

IMG_0467.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

So, today my buddy came over to lend a helping hand and we changed the front and rear differential fluids, mounted the SSS Off Road UMHW Skid Plates with rockers, and we attached the black aluminum tool box to the board and rack using (6) 1.5" self tappers. Yes, I know, I drilled into the rack; woe is me. I think it'll be just fine. On the sliders, they say to drill, tap and die, but we just used 1" self tappers and washers. We also mounted the 3.5 gallon FuelPax horizontal on the rear of the tool box and then put in two eye bolts for attachment points. I still need to find a tube to clamp the fire extinguisher to. Maybe behind my head.

IMG_0558.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0559.JPG

IMG_0569.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

I still need to attach the A arm guards both front and rear of the same UHMW material. Also need to adjust shocks because of added weight.

Looks like your boys went to the Bob school of wiring, no matter how hard I try it looks horrible.

I would try to zip tie and label as much of the wiring as possible. It looks like a lot of red wire that could be tough to trace/trouble shoot out in the middle of no where.

Looks like your boys went to the Bob school of wiring, no matter how hard I try it looks horrible.

I would try to zip tie and label as much of the wiring as possible. It looks like a lot of red wire that could be tough to trace/trouble shoot out in the middle of no where.
Thats mainly for the turn signals and horn and license plate illuminator. There are 2 turn signals for each corner of the P5. Then others for the winch wires but thats easy.......

So because I had the issue of needing to install a isolator switch to shut off the Tusk license plate illuminator, we just re-installed a switch that illuminates itself in a blue hue. I also got the Erickson Wheel Chocks mounted on the trailer. The air here is thick like salty warm Jell-O. Perfect if you're a crusty prehistoric dinosaur. I'm not that old, yet.
IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0813.JPG
IMG_0812.JPG
Today I attached the fire extinguisher and mount inside the roll cage and wrapped some foam insulation around the drivers side shoulder/arm bar.

Good machines, drove around some mountain trails in one in Wyoming last fall, only issue is no leg room, hopefully the 17 has more, my 5'1" wife though the one we rented was cramped as far as legs go. Fun to drive otherwise and the stock ones we had did anything we wanted without issue.

Back
Top Bottom