high centered?

You only need to chain the axle if you are lifting by the body where the suspension has to top out before the tire comes off the ground.
Another reason to use the hi lift lift liftmate :)

If you don't have the Hi-Lift attachment, but have the Hi-Lift, chaining/strapping the axle gets the job done as well. (adapt, improvise, etc)

If you don't own or have a lift mate a soft shackle with a protective cover of sorts through a wheel spoke/hole works as well as a short strap in a basket around the tire.

Many ways to skin this cat.

And people laugh when I tell them I carry a hoe. Jack up one end enough to put whatever I can find under the tires, reach under the vehicle with the hoe and pull enough material away to clear whatever is hanging up. Move vehicle, secure gear and go on my way. Done it before, not really an issue. I'll use the winch or tow strap first if it's the easier option because essentially, I'm lazy.

And people laugh when I tell them I carry a hoe.

I'll one-up your hoe with a full on McLeod tool. All time favorite trail maintenance tool and great in a recovery situation when a shovel just won't cut it. Also great for raking out fire pits.

I'll one-up your hoe with a full on McLeod tool. All time favorite trail maintenance tool and great in a recovery situation when a shovel just won't cut it. Also great for raking out fire pits.

Oh yeah, those are sweet! If I didn't already have the other tools I'd look into one. My hoe (God that sounds funny in my head) is an old one that I picked up somewhere along the line for free. It's an old swan head style that I modified when I needed to replace the handle. I cut the pin and drove it out then put the new handle on, drilled the hole out then drilled it slightly oversized and drove a metal spacer through. Now I can slip the handle on, put a bolt with a wing nut on it and it's ready to use. It makes it easier to store either in the storage box of the roof top cargo box. As an added bonus, I can put my Cold Steel Bushman spear/knife thing on it. No, I have no idea why I did that other than it seemed like a cool idea at the time.

Back
Top Bottom