A project i've been working on

it will be a while before I a start marketing this rub still. I still have 2 more lines I want to come out with. One of the two rubs is finished "the recipe & me testing it" for different cooks: grilling \ griddle hot & fast cooks, to BBQ Smoke low & slow to stove top cooking "Old Gringo" Southwest Rub \ Fajitia Seasoning, the art work still needs to be done & labels printed, the other rub I'm still working on the recipe & will be a while still.

all the rubs are finished, the last one nutritional lable finally done, the graphic\art work for the Cajun Seasoning lable are in the finishing stages which I'll have the proof next week early.
Ole Gringo southwest \fajita seasoning work well with fish tacos, tested my Memphis Style BBQ Rub with some left-over bbq smoked pulled pork with air fryer, Air Fried BBQ Pork Egg Rolls. The SPG Plus Rub lable finally finished available in 6 oz. or 16 oz. containers. Installed cover for my tractor Home Depot Carport. Deer season started the 25th of Sept & haven't had any time to go on the farm. We are leaving early Saturday for the National Forest for a quicky camping trip. I'm pretty much done for the year in bbq competition, the wife wants to get started on my man cave \ office make over, new flooring, new desk, paint in November.
100_0148.JPG
100_0218.JPG
SPG plus.jpg
100_0124.JPG

100_0115.JPG

I should see the proof for my Cajun Seasoning lable sometime this week. Once I agree to it's art work then the printing shouldn't take as long as the developing of the art work. I was talking with a competitor @ the last BBQ competition I was @, he mention how was the production "start up" with BBQ seasonings going. I told him it's been almost a year since I started that every thing is finished with the exception of the Cajun Seasoning, & explained why I didn't go thru a spice co packer. He told me his line of 5 seasonings took 15 months from start to finish with a co packer. Soon as I get every thing finished I'll let you all know.

My version of Hardee's or Carl Jr's Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger

Grilled Double Western Bacon Venison Cheeseburger
1 lb Ground Venison, I add 6 to 8 oz. ground brisket trimmings, coarsely ground.
1 tblspn Wilsonshire Sauce or you can use Worchestershire Sauce
1 tblspn Solely Misbehavin’ BBQ “SPG Plus Rub”
1\2 tblspn Solely Misbehavin’ BBQ “Big Iron” beef rub, to your liking
4 pcs. Thick Cut Bacon
Frozen Onion Rings, Red Robin Onion Rings
Sweet Swine O Mine Sweet & Spicy Vinegar BBQ Sauce
4 slices American Cheese
Jumbo Hamburger Buns
INSTRUCTIONS
Stove top: Cook bacon low & slow. Bacon cooks best slowly over low heat. Soon the bacon will begin to release some of its fat, this is when it starts to buckle & curl, use the tongs to loosen the strips from the bottom of the pan & turn each slice to cook on the other side. Keep flipping & turning the bacon so that it browns evenly. Remove, drain on paper towels.
Mix ground venion with Wilsonshire Sauce, SPG Plus Rub & Big Iron Rub, roll into (4) 1\4lb balls, with burger press form seasoned ground venison into patties. Grill with lit charcoal or gas grill over direct medium high heat place patties on clean oiled grill grates for 4 to 5 minutes per side. I like to just flip the burgers once so they have a nice grill marks. I use an internal instant read thermometer to get internal temperature of my burgers, personally I like mine @ 140 to 145 (medium) but you leave them on the grill longer until a internal temperature of 150 to 160F if you perfer yours more on the well done side.
Let your burgers rest for 5 to 10 minutes before assembling, this lets the juices redistribute through out the patty keeping them moist & juicy inside.
Assembling Burger: place buns onto grill, buttered side down, & grill for 30 seconds. Remove from grill and set aside, add each burger bun bottom with a dollop of BBQ sauce, add grilled patty then slice of cheese, then another grilled patty with more cheese, 2 slices of crispy cooked bacon, 2 to 3 onion rings depending on the size of them, drizzle more bbq sauce, & the top to each burger bun.
Onion Rings Oven Baked : follow package instructions, for Air Frying place the frozen onion rings in the air fryer basket & spread out evenly leaving space in between. No oil spray is needed. Air Fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. At the halfway through cook, flip them so they brown & cook evenly. NOTE* time frames on “air frying” will vary on the type of Air Fryer you have. The Air Fryer used in this recipe is a Cuisinart TOA-60.

SPG Plus Rub is a blend of salt, pepper & garlic with a hint of red jalapeno pepper. The reason for “plus” is the hint of red jalapeno pepper to add that little kick. This rub is all purpose rub on it’s own or can be used as a pre-rub.

Big Iron Beef Rub has bold mix of western type cowboy flavors of dark roasted coffee, 2 types chile pepper powders South American & North American, a hint of mesquite smoke flavoring, beef flavoring & other ingredients that presents bold western flavors. Perfect accompaniment to beef brisket, beef roast, tri tip, steaks, beef ribs, pork steaks & venison. This rub builds a exceptional bark \ crust on brisket for long cooks or hot & fast grilling.
100_0251.JPG

Last edited:
Finally, the Rub & Seasoning line is complete. Now I'm dealing with a company out of Thousand Oaks Cali to build the web site. This has been one heck of a journey, will be glad when this is all over so I can take some time for myself & the wife hook up trailer & head for the National forest for several days.
1st photo is the line up , 2nd photo is the 6 oz. 6 pac that will be offered
The flavor profiles are meticulously outlined in each of my product lines to what ever method of cooks you choose: hot & fast grilling, low & slow BBQ smoke, deep fry, air frying, Blackstone griddle top, Seth McGinn’s CanCooker, stove top to oven baked. We are all about flavor enhancing that takes your method of cooking to another level of goodness.

product discription
Memphis Style BBQ Rub 6 oz. & 16oz.
This rub is made for pork & chicken, 17 types of spices, herbs & other ingredients that offers a perfect balance of flavor: sweet, savory, with a little heat at the back end that last only a few seconds in time. This rub is our most popular for it flavor profile & color it gives to pork & chicken.

Santa Maria Style BBQ Rub 6 oz. only
The savory, peppery, garlickly flavors with hint of herbs, perfect on beef tri tip or any thick cut of beef, great seasoning for grilled steaks, lamb, venison, chicken, grilled buttered french bread & vegetables. Santa Maria Style Barbecue centers around thick cut beef sirlion, tri tip roast & chicken thats cooked hot & fast over red oak on open pits.

Big Iron Beef Rub 6 oz. & 16 oz.
Bold mix of western type cowboy flavors of dark roasted coffee, 2 types chile pepper powders South American & North American, a hint of mesquite smoke, beef flavoring & other ingredients that presents bold western flavors. Perfect accompaniment to beef brisket, beef roast, tri tip, steaks, beef ribs, pork steaks & venison. This rub builds a exceptional bark \ crust on brisket for long cooks. Great rub for: Low & Slow or Fast & Hot cooks.

Ole Gringo southwest rub \ fajita seasoning 6 oz. only
Authentic southwestern flavors, a blend of hatch green chilie powder, green jalapeno pepper powder, onion, garlic, cumin, with a hint of lime & other ingredients with a mild heat level perfect for chicken, beef, wildgame, fish, vegetables & soups. Grilling Hot & Fast to Low & Slow BBQ, Stove Top & Griddle cooks.

SPG Plus BBQ Rub 6 oz., 16 oz.
SPG Plus Rub is a blend of salt, pepper & garlic with a hint of red jalapeno pepper. The reason for “plus” is the hint of red jalapeno pepper which kicks up the other ingredients. The option to this rub is add course crack pepper over the top of it easily convert this rub to a Texas Style Brisket Beef Seasoning. This rub is all purpose rub on it’s own for beef, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables & wildgame which allows the taste of the meat or vegetables to shine while the rub is to highlight. This seasoning makes for a perfect pre-rub layer for other rubs to go over the top of it.

Cajun Seasoning 6 oz. only
Our Cajun Seasoning is blend of hand crafted authentic Louisiana flavors, whether you deep fry, BBQ Smoked, grilling, baked, blackened, sautéed, boiled or air fried, either it is beef, pork, poultry, wildgame, fish, vegetables, side dishes, gravy’s, soups, appetizers & stews this blend of seasoning is very flavorful, not too spicy that it will pull from the actual dish. The herbs & spices, mild heat are perfectly balanced offering those Louisiana flavors to any dish created.
100_0371.JPG
100_0403.JPG

Venison Mississippi Pot Roast
100_0261.JPG

I've got one set of straps left, I've been trying to hold out (I only got two small deer this past season)...... :mike

Hey Don, any updates? I've got some venison begging to be made into pot roast.
I apologize for the long delay commenting, Robert I finished the complete line of my seasonings, 7 of them in all. My SPG Plus, Cajun Seasoning I had new labels designed, 1881 is my newest & last in my line up. My rubs & seasonings been selling on Facebook under Solely Misbehavin' BBQ . I decided to hold off on E Commerce website do to our economy's condition.

Quality handcrafted BBQ rubs & seasonings that enhance the natural flavor of the meat & introduce complementary flavor profiles. All of our rubs & seasonings are made fresh & packaged when ordered.

Memphis Style BBQ Rub 6 oz. $5.99, 16oz. $9.99
This rub is made for pork & chicken, 14 types of spices, herbs & other ingredients that offers a perfect balance of flavor: savory & sweet heat, “spiciness” at the back end that last only a few seconds in time. This rub is one our most popular for it flavor profile & color it gives to pork & chicken. Mild heat level

Santa Maria Style BBQ Rub 6 oz. only $5.99
The savory, peppery, garlickly flavors with hint of herbs, perfect on beef tri tip or any thick cut of beef, great seasoning for grilled steaks, lamb, venison, chicken, grilled buttered french bread, baked potatoes & vegetables. Being from the area originally of Santa Maria, Santa Maria Style Barbecue centers around thick cut beef sirloin aka “top block”, tri tip roast & chicken that's cooked hot & fast over red oak on open pits. Mild Heat Level

Cajun Seasoning 6 oz. only $5.99
Our Cajun Seasoning is blend of hand crafted authentic Louisiana flavors, whether you deep fry, BBQ Smoked, grilling, baked, blackened, sautéed, boiled or air fried, either it is beef, pork, poultry, wildgame, fish, vegetables, side dishes, gravy’s, soups, appetizers & stews this blend of seasoning is very flavorful, not too spicy that it will pull from the actual dish. The herbs & spices, mild heat are perfectly balanced offering those Louisiana flavors to any dish created. Mild Heat Level

Big Iron Beef Rub 6 oz. $5.99, 16 oz. 9.99 pls tax & shipping
Bold mix of western type cowboy flavors of dark roasted coffee, 2 types chili pepper powders South American Peruvian Chili & North American Roasted Jalapeno, a hint of mesquite smoke, beef flavoring & other ingredients that presents bold western flavors. Perfect accompaniment to beef brisket, beef roast, tri tip, beef steaks, beef ribs, pork steaks & venison. It’s ideal rub for steaks, this rub builds a exceptional bark \ crust on brisket for long cooks as well as hot & fast grilling. Low Sodium Mild Heat Level

Ole Gringo Southwest Fajita Seasoning 6 oz. only $5.99
Authentic southwestern flavors, a blend of hatch green chili powder, green jalapeno pepper powder, onion, garlic, cumin, with a hint of lime & other ingredients with a mild to medium heat level perfect for chicken, beef, pork, wildgame, fish, vegetables & soups. Hot & Fast Grilling, Low & Slow BBQ, Stove Top cooks & Griddle cooks. Low Sodium Mild to Medium Heat Level

SPG Plus BBQ Rub 6 oz. $5.99, 16 oz. $9.99
SPG Plus is a "all purpose" blend of salt, pepper & garlic with a hint of red jalapeno pepper. The reason for “plus” is the hint of red jalapeno pepper which kicks up the other ingredients & adds a slight kick of heat. It is fast becoming our biggest seller, by adding course crack black pepper over the top of it easily convert this rub to Texas Style BBQ flavor. This rub \ seasoning is all purpose rub on it’s own for beef, pork, chicken, fish, vegetables & wildgame which allows the taste of the meat or vegetables to shine while the rub is to highlight. This seasoning makes for a prefect pre-rub layer for other rubs to go over the top of it. Mild Heat Level

1881 BBQ Rub available in 6oz. $5.99 & 16 oz. $9.99
A blend of south of the border ingredients of traditional Texas & Mexico, the perfect balance of slight chili flavor, cumin, jalapeño, other herbs with a hint of mesquite smoke.
1881 can be used straight as a BBQ rub or seasoning who wants those Tex Mex flavors, or by adding separately 2 to 2 1\2 tblspns of your favorite chili powder for a great chili seasoning or taco seasoning to 1 lb of ground, cubed beef or chopped brisket. Perfect seasoning on Beef, Pork, Chicken, Fish, & Wildgame. Heat Level mild medium

104_1557.JPG

BBQ Smoked Pulled Beef Sandwich with Caramelized Onions & Horseradish Mayo seasoned w\ 1881
104_2280.JPG

Grilled Venison Tenderloin with Chimichurri seasoned with my Santa Maria Style BBQ Rub
104_0668.JPG

BBQ Smoked Beef Pot Roast w\ Mushroom Gravy season with my SPG Plus
104_2410.JPG

Last edited:
Well hopefully I'll get some more deer this upcoming season (primitive weapons starts Oct 1st, gun season Oct 11th where I hunt). Never had a facebook account but hope you sell all you make!

all the corrections & adjustments are made, I gave my final approval of the label. Cathy the designer of my label nailed my vision on what "I" was looking for in a steak seasoning label.
All is left is the printing of the labels, this label is a sample only, the printed labels will have a semi gloss shine to them. Looks like the availability of Six Shooter Steak Seasoning will be the week of Thanksgiving holiday.

Six Shooter Steak Seasoning available in 6 oz. only
Course textured peppery, garlicky, oniony, salty full flavored herby flavor profile with few other secret undertones, offers that steakhouse taste.
Uses: steaks, hamburgers, brisket, prime rib roast, tri tip, beef roast, potatoes, vegetables, chicken & venison.
104_3209.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom