36 Hours of Uwharrie: 2016 Event Photos!

Thought I was going to be able to make it out to help with the volunteer work... Broken Jeep, guests coming this weekend and work, work, work... are telling me I am not likely to see you guys. Sorry, sometime real life interferes.

Thought I was going to be able to make it out to help with the volunteer work... Broken Jeep, guests coming this weekend and work, work, work... are telling me I am not likely to see you guys. Sorry, sometime real life interferes.

I know the feeling, I swung by there after work for a few minutes.. leaving for Hershey Park early in the am.... was really wanting to watch this event but the wife and kids out voted me....

What did you break?
I replaced the OPDA and keep getting CEL with code 0344... camshaft position sensor. Tried to fix it tonight and I think screwed it up more... so tomorrow will call my mechanic and see if I can limp it over to his shop... (Ann is super happy with me right now :rolleyes: since she will be toting me to work in the morning)

Day 1: And so it begins...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great Photos! Is there anything to see as a spectator? I was thinking of stoppping by there today or tommrow.

Can you hit the target? 7 rounds standing at a 50 meter target may be harder than some thought... Don't get cocky!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Point values... It pays to hit the black!
image.jpeg

Or at least in the rings!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

210 points!

image.jpeg

The Gunny has this shit in the bag right?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Doh!!!

image.jpeg

Great updates!
Please keep the rest of us posted. I was thinking of trying this but I need to up the antie to hang with you guys...

Not all challenges are on land... Are you amphibious?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Paddling is easy right? But before you can paddle you must portage! And if you find trash (Tread Lightly!) you better grab it for extra points like @Oscar

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Casey Currie's team is having a great time here - WAY out of their element! And the only team to be attacked by wasps on this mission.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mission: Retrieve the HVT from the island. WAY down river.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The island... Time to dismount

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

HVT's (high value targets)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Teamwork is everything.

image.jpeg

Don't forget to bring your Passport and get it stamped or you're paddling back to get it! Luckily these fine gents did not make that fatal mistake.

image.jpeg

Back at the ramp and on to another portage uphill and on to the next mission!

image.jpeg

Yikes, those guys are getting a workout. I was thinking they were going to have to paddle back upriver...that would have really brought the suck (for them).

For you paddling guys, I'm a VERY casual paddler, I see one of the teams using a double ended kayak paddle rather than a traditional canoe paddle. Is there a negative side to that idea?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom