2021 Mountain Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay damn! I just navigated off the page an didn't copy before I did! Give me a call sometime, I'm happy to help with the UI & customer interface. You will find a payment by me via credit card at about 9:05 PST (21:05). Matches my user name @here.
You're on the list. Head to the new member thread and tell us about yourself. If you've got mad camp cooking skills see the Potluck/Camp Cookoff thread. See you in September!

To bad it's the same time as Rabbitstick, otherwise I would attend. Rabbitstick is a week long camp out in Idaho but on by the Society of Primitive Technology with many instructors (of which I am one) and probably 400 to 500 students!

To bad it's the same time as Rabbitstick, otherwise I would attend. Rabbitstick is a week long camp out in Idaho but on by the Society of Primitive Technology with many instructors (of which I am one) and probably 400 to 500 students!

Have fun!

Additional information for Rendezvous Participants:

● DO NOT leave any trash behind. No garbage, not even in the metal cans, will be left on site. Pack OUT what you pack in!
● Please greatly reduce your speed whenever you are driving in and out of the venue or when traveling on local roads to recreation sites.
● All dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, no exceptions.
● No open fires will be allowed on the property unless STAFF allows it and then only in established fire rings. No wood allowed from out of state. Harvesting dead-fall is discouraged.
● Alcohol is prohibited during scheduled Rendezvous activities (classes, trail runs). If you feel the need to ignore this rule on the trail or elsewhere you will be asked to leave.
● Firearm laws of the State of California are observed. There are no shooting activities at this event and no firearms are to be discharged on BSA properties.
● No other motorized vehicles such as quads, SXS or ATVs are to be used on the BSA properties without the express permission of the staff.
● OHVs are expected to have common safety equipment and must be registered and insured in accordance with the owner/operators state to operate on CA roadways. Additionally, vehicles should be similarly equipped with front and rear recovery points as well as winch/recovery equipment based upon the trails and conditions.
● Flush toilets are provided at this venue.
● Potable water access will be available.
● Electrical connections are not available.
● The closest gas station is at Angelus Oaks, Mentone or Big Bear so please plan accordingly!
Quiet time is 1100 PM
● Cell reception is extremely limited around the area.
● Trained EMT’s and First Responders will be on site in case of emergency.

● Did we mention Tread Lightly? That means take ALL your trash with you when you leave. Leave nothing behind, no garbage not even in trash cans!

- Please note that this is NOT a commercial event: Personal accountability and self-sufficiency is an expectation in this group! Pack OUT what you pack in! Be an ADVENTURIST!

:tread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom