2018 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOGS MUST BE LEASHED and PICKED UP AFTER!!

Based on input from previous events there have been far too many encounters with dogs running loose. Please keep Fido on a leash and clean up after him.

DOGS MUST BE LEASHED and PICKED UP AFTER!!

Based on input from previous events there have been far too many encounters with dogs running loose. Please keep Fido on a leash and clean up after him.

Yes. It’s very important that your dog is not a source of drama.

Like children, they must be looked after at all times.

Just re-read the first post. Somehow I must have missed it in the 5 times I read it previously. I understood the $20 RSVP, but is it another $20 cash once we arrive? All of this ($5200 assuming full event) covers operating cost? Is this a typo or copy/paste issue from the MR sign-ups (where the additional cash goes towards BSA)?

Just re-read the first post. Somehow I must have missed it in the 5 times I read it previously. I understood the $20 RSVP, but is it another $20 cash once we arrive? All of this ($5200 assuming full event) covers operating cost? Is this a typo or copy/paste issue from the MR sign-ups (where the additional cash goes towards BSA)?

You read that correctly. We can’t run an event of this size and scope for free, especially considering event insurance.

To be quite blunt, we ran in a deficit last year, and with the costs associated with running this website, 3 national level events (the proceeds go to charity at 2 out of 3 of them) plus Toys for Tots and our presence at Overland Expo West and East, we cannot sustain these efforts on karma and smiles alone.

Thanks for the clarification Dave. I wasn't implying it should be free, I just thought it was $20 not $40 until I re-read it.

$40.00 is a great deal for the experience, the camaraderie, and just the view of that desert night sky. You can’t really put a price on that. And don’t forget that Dutch Oven pot luck on Saturday....

And hey!!! Only 17 spots to go!!!! Early bird gets the worm. Who’s going to be 131 and th first on the wait list?!?!

Last edited:
RSVP MASTER LIST

130 RSVP limit this year. RSVP is for ONE vehicle and it's occupants.

1. @Stuart
2. @BlkWgn
3. @sfsmedic
4. @Andy
5. @Luke
6. @richard310
7. @RoamingRobertsons
8. @Goose Gear
9. @TemboTusk
10. @Paul_fj40
11. @Nik_guti
12. @Marco Hernandez
13. @Deadman Offroad #1
14. @sdnative
15. @Ruston Smith
16. @Gear
17. @jismay
18. @Henry Delano
19. @icamptoomuch
20. @Graybeard
21. @ventura911
22. @thatsalexus?
23. @TD64
24. @Humberto
25. @offcamber
26. @iXJ
27. @Camilo A Santisteban
28. @Armandi Muniz
29. @Dtbback
30. @Jaydub514
31. @SAC-CA-Runner
32. @Austin
33. @Nathan
34. @aherrera
35. @1leg
36. @Marc
37. @Matrix
38. @Mitch
39. @wc6glenn
40. @Yumafolks
41. @American_Overland
42. @steve c
43. @Mr.FrankLopez
44. @Jon.master2
45. @CAWoody
46. @bob91yj
47. @azmiik
48. @sherpasd
49. @Oside7even6ixty
50. @J.P. Seldom
51. @Deadman Offroad #2
52. @knightrider
53. @Jason Krassow
54. @Jayrat
55. @jonburtt
56. @GeoYota
57. @SSSSTFIRE
58. @Sage Bromax
59. @KTMRIDER
60. @Patrick Goddard
61. @Danibal
62. @playoutside
63. @AngelCf
64. @Ron Thompson
65. @TXJeepers
66. @Tj1996
67. @BAJA95
68. @brian90744
69. @Local399
70. @Borrego60
71. @analogtraveler
72. @Tim R.
73. @dflesher65
74. @surf.runner
75. @LandLover
76. @chevurai
77. @gxg
78. @FBinSD
79. @blupaddler
80. @rvdb
81. @Maxcustody
82. @ethernectar
83. @Teleryck427
84. @sirwin13
85. @Overlanerd
86. @mtnracer51
87. @Matt
88. @Ajmcauley13
89. @Twowheeltrooper
90. @The Ick
91. @pbruintjes
92. @Iggy
93. @FordGuy
95. @Husky
95. @Shark house
96. @Celt II
97. @Jim Aguirre
98. @WaltersOffroad
99. @American_dirtbag84
100. @Rockerstatus84
101. @BorregoWrangler
102. @JackCovers
103. @Big Dave
104. @Robert Tilley
105. @mtngote
106. @David Hollings
107. @mtngote
108. @David Hollings
109. @Team Balls Out
110. @Greg von Buchau
111. @Datsunsrule
112. @nagnini
113. Rob Novotny [donated 1.7.18]

*Rules subject to change at any time without prior notification. Offer void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply. Sometime, but not all the time. Offer not valid in any of the former countries of the Soviet Union. Any resemblance to real persons, living or walking dead is purely coincidental. May be too intense for some. For recreational use only. Subject to change on a whim. Times approximate. Posting a reply constitutes agreement. For off-highway use only. Not politically correct. Not as seen on TV. One size fits all. Contains a substantial amount of traditional American ingredients. For outdoor use only. List was current at time of printing. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. Falling rock. Deep sand. Possible carnage. Must be present to win. Your check stub is your receipt. Avoid contact with skin. Certified by the Galactic Republic. Sanitized for your protection. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher east of the Mississippi. Staff and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Beware of kid. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delay. No swag without proper RSVP. Keep away from fire or flames. Approved for US veterans. Check here if tax deductible. Attend event at extreme risk of shattered stereotypes and fun. Some equipment shown is optional. Price includes shenanigans. No Dinars, Baht or Won. No solicitors. No banthas. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. First pull up, then pull down. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. American Adventurist is a registered trademark of American Adventurist. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the Land Cruiser comes to a complete stop. Your mileage may vary. This article does not reflect the thoughts or opinions of either myself, my company, my friends, or my dog. Don't quote me on that. Don't quote me on anything. All rights reserved. Kind of. You may distribute this article freely but you may not make a profit from it. Terms are subject to change without notice. Illustrations are slightly enlarged to show detail. Do not remove this disclaimer under penalty of law. For a limited time only. This article is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted. Use of this article in a manner not in conformance with labeling may be a violation of Federal, State, or Local Laws, Statutes, or Regulations and may or may not subject the user to maximum enforcement under these laws, statutes, or regulations. Caveat emptor. Event is provided "as is" without any warranties. Reader assumes full responsibility. Quantities are unlimited while supplies last. If any defects are discovered, too bad. Read at your own risk. Limit one-per Adventurist please. No money down. No purchase necessary. No carpetbaggers. Offer valid only at participating Rendezvous sites. Slightly higher west of the Rockies. Allow four to six weeks for delivery. Maybe. Not affiliated with Mordor or the Empire. Disclaimer does not cover misuse, accident, lightning, flood, tornado, tsunami, volcanic eruption, earthquake, hurricanes and other Acts of God, neglect, damage from incorrect line voltage, improper or unauthorized tinkering, broken antenna or marred paint, missing or altered sheetmetal, electromagnetic radiation from nuclear blasts, sonic boom vibrations, customer modifications that are not covered in this list, and incidents owing to an airplane crash, ship sinking or taking on water, motor vehicle crashing, dropping off a cliff, falling rocks, leaky roof, broken glass, mud slides, fire, or projectile (which can include, but not be limited to, arrows, bullets, buckshot, BB's, shrapnel, lasers, napalm, torpedoes, emissions of X-rays, Alpha, Beta and Gamma rays, knives, stones, dung, spitballs etc.). BS Certification may be required for acceptance at some campsites. Affiliated with a bunch of ARSES, Zonies and Tarheels. This message approved by the Rendezvous Conspiracy. Long live the Rebellion. Other restrictions may apply.

This supersedes all previous notices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom