2014 Desert Rendezvous: Official Thread

Are you attending the 2014 Desert Rendezvous?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick FYI to let everyone know I've arranged with Dave to distribute a copy of OutdoorX4 Issue #2 to the first 100 vehicles that attend the Desert Rendezvous in a few weeks. Hopefully you'll enjoy what you see/read, pick-up a subscription (www.outdoorx4.com/content/subscribe), and continue supporting American Adventurist. :)

Cheers!

That's right, we will be giving away 100 copies of OutdoorX4 Issue #2 - big thanks to OUTDOORX4

OutdoorX4 Logo.jpg

Glad to support the event and American Adventurist as a whole. Our next eNewsletter will have a note about the upcoming Rendezvous. :)

We'd also like to give a big thanks to our good friends at Rebel - attendees are going to be getting some pretty sweet swag thanks to them - everyone likes AAV decals right?

REBEL.jpg

REBEL OFFROAD

Mad props to ALL the vendors for supporting this awesome event.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

It really is kind of special to see all of the vendors that are supporting this event. I'd imagine a few of them are making a pretty quick turn around from the TDS Desert Safari, right into gearing up for our little shin dig.

Once again, huge thanks to Dave and the rest of the crew (and especially their families) working behind the scenes to pull this whole thing together. It's more work than most of us can imagine. Hell, we're 8 pages in to getting a group together to just get to the Rendezvous! Dave and company are pulling the permits, soliciting vendors, answering a myriad of questions from everyone involved, all while holding down their jobs and having a family life. Then when they get there, they still have to keep their work hats on maintaining the schedule (again sacrificing time with their families).

Machelle and I are REALLY looking forward to this trip. Looks like we'll have a fun group travelling overland to the event. It'll only be the second time we've run the truck over an off highway route for any significant distance. I realize that 80 miles on a semi maintained dirt road isn't that difficult, it'll still be somewhat new to us. Normally the Jeep would get the call for such a trip.

Sweet! I'm in. Thanks Dave for putting this together!
My son Travis and I are very much looking forward to this outing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well this will be like the 4th time I've had to pull out before the event, but yet again some things came up and I am unable to make it. Someday I will get out to DRV someday....

Have fun everybody!

OK...Spot #30: glamisdude is out, begz gets the open slot. Roster updated to show the changes.

Went to my in-laws house and stole some firewood, and proceeded to load everything I could, since I'm gonna be busy next weekend. Also managed to reinstall a vital part to this trip...

20140309_092237.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1394385089019.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thought I had already signed up but I was wrong. Will be going out as a passenger, but will be there. 1st year and can't wait!!!

I have work to do on the weekend, I leave my place so someone else want to go and have a blast time!

Thank you Dave and all the people who contribute to this wonderful event.

PLEASE READ AND HEED: BLM RULES!

The following rules apply on public lands administered by the BLM California Desert District unless explicitly authorized by a permit or other authorization document issued by the BLM:

1. Public nudity is prohibited at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.
Nudity in a place where a person may be observed by another person is prohibited. This rule is in effect for all Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) open areas and also developed sites and areas managed by the El Centro, Barstow, Palm Springs- South Coast, Ridgecrest, and Needles Field Offices.

2. It is prohibited for a person to ride in or transport another person in or on a portion of an ORV or trailer that is not designed or intended for the transport of passengers.
This rule is in effect for all land managed by the El Centro, Barstow, Palm Springs-South Coast, Ridgecrest, and Needles Field Offices.

3. It is prohibited to use as firewood, or have in their possession, any firewood materials containing nails, screws, or other metal hardware, including, but not limited to, wood pallets and/or construction debris.
This rule is in effect for all land managed by the El Centro, Barstow, Palm Springs-South Coast, Ridgecrest, and Needles Field Offices.

4. Possession of glass beverage containers is prohibited in all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.
This rule is in effect for all Off-Road Vehi-cle (ORV) open areas and also developed
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]sites and areas managed by the El Centro, Barstow, Palm Springs-South Coast, Ridgecrest, and Needles Field Offices.

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
5. It is prohibited to place into the ground any non-flexible object such as, but not limited to, metal or wood stakes, poles, or pipes, with the exception of small tents or awning stakes, at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.
This rule is in effect for all Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) open areas and also developed sites and areas managed by the El Centro, Barstow, Palm Springs-South Coast, Ridgecrest, and Needles Field Offices.

6. It is prohibited to camp within the areas commonly known as Competition Hill Corridor and Competition Hill located within the Dumont Dunes ORV Area, as shown in the map at the entrance kiosk.

7. It is prohibited to reserve or save a camping space for another person at all developed sites and areas and all ORV open areas.
This rule is in effect for all Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) open areas and also developed sites and areas managed by the El Centro, Barstow, Palm Springs-South Coast, Ridgecrest, and Needles Field Offices.

8. All persons must keep their sites free of trash and litter during the period of occupancy.
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom