Show Off Your Storage Solutions

They’re definitely not cheap!

Its complete! May end up picking it up and installing it myself. They are not performing any installs or measurements due to CV-19. They have reported that they have two cases of CV-19 at there East coast facility and will be closed for two weeks. The Sedro Wolley facility will continue production.

I just found out I have a pallet of parts arriving tomorrow from Demello, Redarc and sPOD. Ill will be sidetrack from the storage game a bit longer.

So we've got all these fancy tools and gear that we've got, but do we have the organizational ability to contain them all in our vehicles the way we need them to be?

Post up your storage solution, whether it be in the back of a 4x4 or your trailer!

2004 Nissan Xterra

Built myself out of 1/2" Ply from Home Depot. McMaster Carr for all the hardware.

The upper deck is a perfect size for 5 bundles of wood across.
The center portion fits 5-gal water container, two lanterns, two burner stove, full toolkit, two small propane tanks, an extra 2P tent, and two sleeping pads/bags.

View attachment 23068

Removable deck for taller items.

View attachment 23071

Right Side: Kitchen items.
Upper has a two fliptops: Large one is for pots/pans and cutting board. Small one is for bug spray, two-way radios, and other small items.
Lower contains cooking propane, utensils, spices and other kitchen related items.

View attachment 23069

View attachment 23070

Left Side: Recovery
Upper contains tire patch kit, snatch strap, and air compressor.
Lower drawer contains large tools, recovery strap and ratchet straps.

View attachment 23072

this is really cool, i cant wait til i get to build mine

Goose Gear habitat interior helps my organization in the Tacoma.
02ABC8F8-0131-4D08-8730-1CDFA331C0E7.jpeg

Air Down Gear Up's SS1 kit in the 200. I opted for the full unit with one drawer, sleeping extension, and 60% seat delete support. Due to my oversize fridge (National Luna 90 Twin), the Tembo Tusk Jumbo Slide that I needed for my 4Runner wouldn't fit in half of an ADGU unit. They offered to custom build an offset unit, but the incremental cost was more than I wanted to spend.

IMG_9364.jpeg

IMG_9374.jpeg

2DD278BB-9F82-4C7D-B4D2-BD58ABD75555.jpeg

IMG_9376.jpeg

IMG_9365.jpeg

Instead, I used a paid of 36" slides designed for flat mounting. This obviously reduces the load capacity, but the stated load is still 180 pounds per pair. Unfortunately, this doesn't pan out in real life, sagging to the point of creating drag between the slide components with just the empty fridge (75 pounds) installed on the quick-release base. I can't use the slides vertically due to the height of the fridge. So currently, I lay a piece of 2X4 on the tailgate and use that to support the unit when extended. Adding another pair of slides would be an expensive experiment that I don't think would work. I've considered a Delrin runner on the tailgate, but I'm not too keen on that. I might try a pair of lower capacity slides vertically on the sides to help support it. But things are really tight in there! I'll fiddle some more when it warms up...

IMG_9604.jpeg

IMG_9603.jpeg

IMG_9605.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom