Jetboil Genesis Basecamp System

We bought ourselves one over Christmas last year. Used it on about 10 or so outings.

Pros:
*For a two burner stove it’s compact. Even with everything in the transport bag it fits in one of our Rigid boxes.
*Infinite heat control. There’s way more temperature control over any other stove system I’ve used. Loads of adjustability.
*Heats fast. You can bring water to a boil pretty darn quick.
*The pot and skillet that comes with it are good quality. They diffuse heat evenly and are easy to clean.

Cons:
*Pricey. We bought ours one on sale and it was still darn expensive.
*It takes a bit of real estate to lay both burners and the propane bottle out. Our old Safari Cadac system was more compact but than again it was a single burner stove essentially.
*Wish it came with a dedicated grill/griddle plate. Luckily for us the one from the previously mention Cadac works quite well on the Genesis.

All in all we are pretty happy with it as the compactness and heating ability make the price worth it for us.

7D5F67FD-E6A4-4DE6-AFA7-A9A6406AAFC5.jpeg

I have a HalfGen. It is what the name implies. Just a single 10K BTU burner rather than two. A two burner would have been redundant with the Partner Steel stove.

Packs up nice and small and fits within the case with all my other cooking stuff. Since I'm usually only cooking on one burner the HalfGen get's used more often simply because already there in the case with everything else.

I picked up mine on sale too.

274032878_10158188379692186_3800893169015879633_n.jpg
PXL_20210616_224358900.jpg

Ohhhhhh love that organization. That's my goal for my AluBox, was planning on using the AluBox Divider set up. Also where did you source the quick connect parts?

I have a HalfGen. It is what the name implies. Just a single 10K BTU burner rather than two. A two burner would have been redundant with the Partner Steel stove.

Packs up nice and small and fits within the case with all my other cooking stuff. Since I'm usually only cooking on one burner the HalfGen get's used more often simply because already there in the case with everything else.

I picked up mine on sale too.

View attachment 60616View attachment 60617
Not to derail this thread but that Chili looks AWESOME!

Back
Top Bottom