Ineos Grenadier

So, according the to video. Everything is water proof from the fording level down. Interior has drain plugs.

The overhead look like individual panels while the center console is a single panel. I assume some parts are mockups. The climate controls for Zone and Fan don't have markings. I assume they're blanks because no markings suck and they don't fit the style of every other button. The vents for the rear seats are definitely mockups.
  • The fact that panels are removable with a hex key. No hidden (and broken) snaps and tabs.
  • 8 prewired aux switches, 1 power (for the aux relays to run off battery?), 1 external 500A (there will be an OEM winch bumper), 3 external 25A, 1 external 10A, 2 internal 10A
  • On the side view of the rear seats (pic in previous post). There looks to be slots so they can fold down flush, or nearly flush, with the back.
  • Front and rear lockers in the overhead. Center diff locker on the shifter?
  • I only see "High", "Low", and "Lock" on the transfer case shifter. I assume full time 4WD.
  • 84 inches wide?
  • Red port and green starboard markings next to the speaker grills in the overhead and climate controls in the center console
  • "Toot" is the, very British, polite horn.
High resolution images if you want to zoom in on other stuff.
https://media.ineosgrenadier.com/en/images/?lang=en

INEOS_Grenadier_interior_10_Left_Hand_Drive 1.jpg

INEOS_Grenadier_interior_10_Left_Hand_Drive 2.jpg

INEOS_Grenadier_interior_10_Left_Hand_Drive 3.jpg

INEOS_Grenadier_interior_14_Left_Hand_Drive 1.jpg

Should be a ball like that transfer case shifter but i suppose they took the BMW shifter with the BMW engine.

It certainly clashes with the feel of everything around it, but beyond that they are not intuitive. To put the vehicle in drive you press the button on the side of the shifter and pull it all the way back. It then returns to its upright position and the vehicle is in drive.

Want reverse? Push the button and push the shifter forward. Again it returns to its upright position. Park? Push the button marked P. The shifter itself provides no feedback as to the gear you're in as it always returns to that central position. You'll need to remove your eyes from the road, trail or obstacle ahead to check the instrument cluster to verify your selection. Very different from the absolutely definitive positioning of the shifter in a Tacoma, 4Runner, Jeep, etc. Might just be a matter of taste but I don't like them. BMW put them in their cars to satisfy folks who can't drive a manual but wanted to feel like they were moving the shifter in a Fast and Furious style. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. I'd take Dodge's "let me change the volume" dial shifter over that...

That's the same thing on every motorcycle with the foot shifter. The Ural had absolutely no indicator or feedback of what gear you are in. You had to keep track of it in your head.

Having stalled out the GS going up a hill and laid it down in the dirt because I was in second rather than first when my front wheel slipped into a washout. I can empathize with the need for tactile feedback.

My Tacoma also has the bump up and bump down to manual shift on the automatic transmission. FJ Cruisers have the same thing for manually shifting the gears. The Passat VR6 prior to the FJ was the same. It also had a steering wheel shifter. paddles I don't think you can do manual shifting on an automatic transmission any other way other than bump up and bump down.

Unlike every other manual shift on an automatic transmission that I've had. If they've changed the behavior so that it always stays in the gear that you place it in. Then the lower gear 1,2,3, etc. positions on the shifter become a redundant. You're left with F, N, and R.

@about the 5:30 mark they talk about a space under the rear seat for storage or for an optional second battery.

UTE / pickup version spotted.

If you look in the video in the previous post there's a seam in the ceiling right at the cab cut off.
FB_IMG_1629296146087.jpg

FB_IMG_1629296159370.jpg

FB_IMG_1629296150681.jpg

Last edited:
If, and that's a big IF, they keep the features and the intended price point I might be interested. I'm skeptical that that will occur though.

If, and that's a big IF, they keep the features and the intended price point I might be interested. I'm skeptical that that will occur though.

I don't think they'll drop the features. It's now being shown to the public with these features. If they swap out the sports wagon for the family truckster people will walk. What will most likely happen is they'll miss the price point.

We will also not see the UTE / pickup version due to a 25% tariff on all imported light trucks. Subaru got around it with a loophole by putting seats in the back of the Brat and Ford put seats in the back of their Transit cargo vans manufactured in Spain. Both then classified them as passenger vehicles to get around the tariff. MB partially disassembled their Sprinter vans before shipment and reassembled them in the US to avoid the tariff. I don't see Ineos resorting to a tax dodge because the volume sold wouldn't justify the cost of the setup.

Final pricing with options is looking at over $80k based on some of the internet sources. I guess I'm out then. I hope they sell like crazy and can be affordable but they missed the mark for me. Pricing is in line with Land Cruiser 200 (not available anymore) and the green oval.

Final pricing with options is looking at over $80k based on some of the internet sources. I guess I'm out then. I hope they sell like crazy and can be affordable but they missed the mark for me. Pricing is in line with Land Cruiser 200 (not available anymore) and the green oval.

I'm not surprised. It is in direct competition with them and it's going to be a low volume vehicle. I'll be surprised if US sales break 5K units sold.

I like playing with configuration tools for vehicles though. It's almost like I expect some sort or achievement level to be unlocked on my X-thousandth vehicle made where I get to use the really good s___. :lol

Back
Top Bottom