Ineos Grenadier

That video actually makes me less likely to buy one.
What put you off?

For me. Roughly 60K USD at the current exchange rate before any import fees and that's even if it makes it to the US.

What put you off?

For me. Roughly 60K USD at the current exchange rate before any import fees and that's even if it makes it to the US.

Im not sure why they called the video “Unfiltered” when it felt very filtered. I don’t associate British cars with quality or reliability and this video could not be more British. They’ve said they’re focused almost exclusively on function, specifically for off-road use, yet the only shot of it was following bicycles from their own cycling team at an incredibly slow pace, even for the bicycles. It feels like they decided to build a better 110 and went out and built a less capable copy. At that price there are so many more interesting options available now and coming soon. The video should have built excitement and it does the opposite. The most off-putting thing about it is that no one is there to figure that out.

That's a quick way to get up and running fast without a lot of the costs associated with building a facility from the ground up. Article also mentions that Mercedes is contracting them to continue producing one of their vehicles and some other components. Sounds like this will provide some income to Ineos as well. Smart move on their part.

Article also mentions that Mercedes is contracting them to continue producing one of their vehicles and some other components. Sounds like this will provide some income to Ineos as well.

Maybe even a parts distribution network for their own vehicle.

So this was designed by Mercedes-Benz engineers and is being built in a Mercedes-Benz factory. I'm not thinking Defender here with parts falling off. I'm thinking it could be a $60k G-Wagen.

There is a whole series of build videos on YouTube. I think it's kind of cool that this is coming to fruition. BMW makes a great inline 6. Lets just hope the plastic parts are durable enough for offroad duty. Thinking change the cams profile for more torque and less HP, calibrate the fuel injection system for said cams. Shoot for 300 HP and 375 lbs of torque.

Will it be as exciting as a new Bronco? Probably not. But if its reliable, they will garner some sales. It would make sense to sell through a BMW dealer network and BMW doesn't sell a legitimate offroad vehicle and service could be performed BMW techs.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grenadier+4x4

BMW makes a great inline 6. Lets just hope the plastic parts are durable enough for offroad duty. Thinking change the cams profile for more torque and less HP, calibrate the fuel injection system for said cams. Shoot for 300 HP and 375 lbs of torque.
Apparently that is the plan. The engines will be retuned to be suitable for truck use. High torque at low RPM.

Yeah, but I’d buy this before I’d spend money on a new Pretender
:lol

Fair assessment. Would a Land Rover be a Land Rover if parts didn't fall off? And if the Grenadier is going to capture the true Land Rover experience then parts must fall off.

:lol

Fair assessment. Would a Land Rover be a Land Rover if parts didn't fall off? And if the Grenadier is going to capture the true Land Rover experience then parts must fall off.

:stir

Okay. A split moonroof?
Stowage 1440-1002.jpg

Rear Cargo Bay 1440-1002.jpg

Centre Stack Controls 900-1340.jpg

Cabin Layout 1440-1002.jpg

Overhead Console 1440-1002.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom