Go Treads - Made in USA recovery boards

libarata

Adventurist
www.gotreads.com

American made, 50 bucks a pop, and they can withstand a loaded semi, and 10ton army truck.

'Matthew,
Go Treads was designed for military use in jungle, desert and beach landing situations. It is tough enough to withstand the pounding forces of heavily loaded military trucks and fully loaded semi trucks. This tool works well in sand and mud; that is why the military uses our product.

On the commercial trucking side of things, Go Treads is mostly used in snow because these trucks are not usually on sandy or muddy roads. Since Go Treads folds up to fit in a small area, our customers (military and commercial) like the fact that our tool does not take up much of the valuable cargo space.'

The folding function is what helped sell these to me, and that the owner of the company shared a video of a 10ton army truck getting itself stuck in sand, and then unsticking itself with one person in two minutes. The video was on Vimeo, and required a password, so I wont share it here without his permission, for which I will ask if he responds to me again.

Looks interesting. I'd like to see their performance in conditions in other than sand or snow though.

Thanks for sharing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOektLy2EaE

I am going to try and get the roo stuck in some mud when I order my set. I don't see them working any worse in mud.
I did convey to him that I posted this on ExPo, and what the folks there do. I also showed him MaxTrax, and asked if he would consider taking them on, and getting us a domestic version going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOektLy2EaE

I am going to try and get the roo stuck in some mud when I order my set. I don't see them working any worse in mud.
I did convey to him that I posted this on ExPo, and what the folks there do. I also showed him MaxTrax, and asked if he would consider taking them on, and getting us a domestic version going.

That would be an interesting test evaluation. Please share your experience with us. I can see already these would be a valuble addition for some recovery kits and environmental conditions but I am curious how well they'd perform in muddy, sloppy situations. Even traction mats have challenges with that.

Wow, this might be a great option for us "heavier rigs". I also LOVE how they fold up nice and small. Would be great to see some in sand and mud use since I don't get into the snow very often.

Mike, there are some videos of their application in sand, and as expected their performance is not terribly different that in snow. I agree that their use in rocky scrabble and mud is not well documented on their web-site and it would be much more useful to overlanders to see their performance under those conditions.

The next time he responds I will ask if he has any videos of mud use. I am pretty sure that they are solid, so crushing them should be of little concern. FOr HUGE rigs, I think the biggest limiting factor would be the single width they come in. They do mention that you can custom order LONGER versions too. That could also be helpful.

I am also willing to try and organize a group by if anyone is interested. I will fire off an E-Mail this afternoon to see if he is receptive of the idea. PM if interested.

Alrighty. I will start a running tally for the folks on this forum who are interested.

libarata - 2
poriggity - 2

Total = 4

I'd be interested but does anybody here have one, can anyone vouch for its durability? Why don't you see if they can send you one and you can take it to GWNF and beat them up a little bit and if you give it a thumbs up I'd be down for two. If they are as good as they claim it would be worth their while to send you one for free since they may sell a lot off your recommendation.

I'd be interested but does anybody here have one, can anyone vouch for its durability? Why don't you see if they can send you one and you can take it to GWNF and beat them up a little bit and if you give it a thumbs up I'd be down for two. If they are as good as they claim it would be worth their while to send you one for free since they may sell a lot off your recommendation.

I am entertaining the idea of asking for a demo version, and running it as hard as I can run it with my roo, writing an evaluation, and then seeing if other folks near be would like to thrash em a wee as well. Joker, you are in VA as well right? I figure that the Appalachian stony hell around here would be a decent test bed. Especially with their guarantee.

I would be in for 2 of them. Would be a heck of a lot easier to store than the TRED units I have.

Joker I will ask for a sample to test. Thresh it as hard as I can, and we can hand it off for you to test.

libarata- 2
poriggity- 2
mike- 2
herbie- 2
KTMRIDER -2

Total = 10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom