any SoCal'ers interested in Adopt a Trail work?

Scott... you are always welcome in my truck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I had a feeling I could count on you buddy. My turn to buy the beers when we do the next cleanup then... (after we are back in camp of course!)

We are actually working on officially adopting a trail. I dont want to say too much until things are finalized.

SICK!

I will be watching for any pending dates. I have done Adopt a Trail work in the past on the fire roads on the south side of Big Bear Lake.

Thank you.

Chris/Dave...we need to make this happen! I think the man power issue is resolved. It's a "feel good" opportunity for all of us, not to mention a "meet'n greet and camping trip" rolled in just for fun!

Chris/Dave...we need to make this happen! I think the man power issue is resolved. It's a "feel good" opportunity for all of us, not to mention a "meet'n greet and camping trip" rolled in just for fun!

I have been working with the Ranger, and we are in the final stages. I will hopefully have an announcement when you return from Baja

You rock for taking care of all the behind the scenes effort it takes to get something like this done. Thanks!

Under the association of SCUFF, I've participated in trail maintenance in the Corral Canyon OHV in addition to Calico clean ups. Feels good giving back. I can be available - looking forward to helping

With the people of this community, it is not surprising to me, but it is great to see this many people interested in volunteer opportunities.

So, it has been a while, but this topic was not forgotten. It has taken a bit of time, but American Adventurist is adopting 1n05 Fish Creek Meadow. The first general adopt a trail meeting will be this coming Wednesday June 15th at the Sizzler in Corona. The meeting begins at 7pm but a lot of people will arrive around 6 to have dinner and find a seat in the meeting room before the meeting.

Everyone in invited, so if you can make it please do

Sizzler 1461 Rimpau Ave, Corona, CA 92879 (15 freeway and Magnolia ave exit)

1N05 Fish Creek

Length: 7 miles

Maintenance Level 3: Maintained for travel by prudent drivers in a standard passenger car. User comfort and convenience are low priorities.

1N05 is a multi-use road open to street legal vehicles, mechanized vehicles (bicycles), equestrian travel and foot travel. Motorized vehicles yield to all other users.

Trail Rating: Green Circle Easiest

1N05 is closed for the winter to wheeled vehicles. 1N05 is open during the winter to tracked vehicles if the snow on the ground is over 12" deep.

Elevation: 7000’ to 8400’

Trail adopted by: Southland Sno-Riders (winter)

Entrance on 1N02 at 11S 521023E 3778917N

1N37 Entrance at 11S 521141E 3778691N

1N37A Entrance at 11S 522490E 3776472N

1N05C Exit at 11S 521635E 3775990N

UTM coordinates acquired using Google Earth (WGS84 datum)

upload_2016-6-11_18-26-53.png

Last edited:
So, it has been a while, but this topic was not forgotten. It has taken a bit of time, but American Adventurist is adopting 1n05 Fish Creek Meadow. The first general adopt a trail meeting will be this coming Wednesday June 10th at the Sizzler in Corona. The meeting begins at 7pm but a lot of people will arrive around 6 to have dinner and find a seat in the meeting room before the meeting.

Everyone in invited, so if you can make it please do

Sizzler 1461 Rimpau Ave, Corona, CA 92879 (15 freeway and Magnolia ave exit)

1N05 Fish Creek

Length: 7 miles

Maintenance Level 3: Maintained for travel by prudent drivers in a standard passenger car. User comfort and convenience are low priorities.

1N05 is a multi-use road open to street legal vehicles, mechanized vehicles (bicycles), equestrian travel and foot travel. Motorized vehicles yield to all other users.

Trail Rating: Green Circle Easiest

1N05 is closed for the winter to wheeled vehicles. 1N05 is open during the winter to tracked vehicles if the snow on the ground is over 12" deep.

Elevation: 7000’ to 8400’

Trail adopted by: Southland Sno-Riders (winter)

Entrance on 1N02 at 11S 521023E 3778917N

1N37 Entrance at 11S 521141E 3778691N

1N37A Entrance at 11S 522490E 3776472N

1N05C Exit at 11S 521635E 3775990N

UTM coordinates acquired using Google Earth (WGS84 datum)

View attachment 22240
Hmm. Not to be not picky but isn't this coming Wednesday the 15th? I'm working nights that day but if i can get away with working days I'll be there.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Is this a planning meeting or meeting before the trail event? The night event might be a conflict with me and some pre-planned work stuff.

Last edited:
Is this a planning meeting or meeting before the trail event? The night event might be a conflict with me for pre-planned work stuff.
This is one of the standard Adopt a trail meetings. They try to hold them quarterly. This is a great opportunity to find out more about the program, ask questions, and see what other groups are up to. In the near future we will schedule a trail day to run the trail with Greg Hoffman, the head OHV ranger for San Bernardino National Forest to survey the needs of the trail. It is always more important to have boots on the ground than in the meeting so if you can't make it isn't a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom