any SoCal'ers interested in Adopt a Trail work?

bob91yj

Adventurist
Founding Member
I've volunteered to pick up trash/make trail improvements in the San Bernardino National Forest with the Adopt a Trail program in the past, with a Rubicon owners group. It was always a good time, getting out and meeting new people, and making myself feel a little better by contributing to the cause.

Any interest from the SoCal contingent in doing something like this? It was only a few hours of work a couple of times a year. We had a smaller potential pool of volunteers but always had a decent turnout (5-10 vehicles) to get the job done.

I PM'd our resident SBNF volunteer to see if the powers here on the forum are interested in getting something official going. Just looking to see what the interest might be before they put a bunch of effort into it.

Dont have anything finalized yet, but we are already in communication with the Greg Hoffman, he is the Ranger who heads up the OHV and Adopt-A-Trail programs. Hopefully I will have more details in the near future.

I'd be interested of course, assuming we are hitting trails that are fullsize friendly.

Last edited:
Dont have anything finalized yet, but we are already in communication with the Greg Hoffman, he is the Ranger who heads up the OHV and Adopt-A-Trail programs. Hopefully I will have more details in the near future.

Yup, American Adventurist is keenly interested in adopting a trail. Stay tuned :cool:

I would also be interested in getting involved.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I always do the informal clean up/maintainence when on a trail, but would be interested in a more structured event.

I am not surprised at all, but it is great to hear that there is interest in this.

If we get a core group of 20 or so and at least half can make it to each event we'd be a success. The last group I worked with usually had 6-10 vehicles and 10-15 people show up. It's amazing how much work a determined group of that size can get done, and make a little bit of a difference. No middle man to take a cut of a $$$ donation, just good old fashioned labor. It's kind of like mowing my lawn, instant gratification while working up a sweat outside.

You are absolutely right Bob. I see it as a weekend. Head up, so some trail work, camp, run a trail. Do that 1 or 2 weekends a year and we can make a difference in the forest and help give back to the trail system that we use.

I say we get it going then.. maybe sometime in june? And it doesn't have to be fullsize friendly, if someone has a seat I can sit in, I'm more than happy to ride along and help on the trail.

Last edited:
We are actually working on officially adopting a trail. I dont want to say too much until things are finalized.

Back
Top Bottom