A Rendezvous with unknown friends

Hi Nate!

Awesome capture of the MRV community through your lens! Great photos! Wish I could have spent some time talking with you - Next time...

Cam

Camping right next to Borrego60, he showed me those prints. Certainly not a possum or raccoon or dog/coyote for sure. No doubt there are curious bears around the scout camp. At the scout camp up north of Kernville called Camp Whitsett, their local bear is named Muffin. She knows where every trash can and the mess tent is. For years now they come by each campsite to remove all trash for the evening both at the sites and at the mess tent. She still pays a visit to camp during the night, once to our site and our scoutmaster opened his tent flap full well expecting to find some of our scouts rustling around only to say hi face to face with Muffin!

In the end, as Chelsea and I drove home, something dawned on us. "You know, there's the mom blogger community or the travel blogger community...but none of those are an actual tangible community like the American Adventurist Community" Chelsea pondered out loud. I thought about it for a bit and realized she was right. What surprised me a bit more was the fact that I actually felt like I was a part of this community. And there was something I never thought I would be.

Thank you for this ending to your tale. When Dave first brought together the nucleus of the American Adventurist team right from the get-go forming a community and not a market has been the overriding goal of us all. As we saw what many forums were becoming we were determined to found a forum where it was all about the folks who join us, giving them the opportunity to highlight and share their experiences to the betterment of us all versus building a marketing metric for us to lever for our own gain. Its not always easy and there are many bumps and roadblocks along the way, but reading a member's response like yours makes it all worth while. Thank you for taking a chance, making the time and then posting an excellent report here with us. It is truly appreciated.

Thank you for this ending to your tale. When Dave first brought together the nucleus of the American Adventurist team right from the get-go forming a community and not a market has been the overriding goal of us all. As we saw what many forums were becoming we were determined to found a forum where it was all about the folks who join us, giving them the opportunity to highlight and share their experiences to the betterment of us all versus building a marketing metric for us to lever for our own gain. Its not always easy and there are many bumps and roadblocks along the way, but reading a member's response like yours makes it all worth while. Thank you for taking a chance, making the time and then posting an excellent report here with us. It is truly appreciated.

Amen. A truly humbling statement right there Nate, thank you for that.

Indeed a great write up!! Hope to catch up at the Desert Rendezvous. Take care you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom