4th Gen Taco: 2024 revealed?

I hope the new Taco is the bees knees.

Because this slow roll, tease after tease, PR crap is a big turnoff for the brand.

I’m tired of Toyota’s lethargic BS in the 4WD segment that they once ruled so effortlessly.
Yeah 13 years running of the 5th gen 4Runner. The 6th gen hopefully is a sea change, and not by means of a hybrid but a real competitor to the Bronco and Wrangler.

In Taco news today, they have confirmed a MANUAL option for 2024

Toyota apparently drove the Trailhunter through the bolt on accessory section of the Summit Racing catalog. Can't wait for all the third gen owners to bombard the forums asking if that headache rack will fit their truck...

Screenshot_20230504_110257_Instagram.jpg

Every aftermarket shell and camper manufacturer is going to LOVE that rear protrusion on the back of the roof on the cab.

SMH

Well, no new news on the 4th it would seem. My crushing disappointment is safe for another day. I wish they’d just rip the damn bandaid off already.

Well, no new news on the 4th it would seem. My crushing disappointment is safe for another day. I wish they’d just rip the damn bandaid off already.

Right? I already hate it just because of this BS.

:lol

Right? I already hate it just because of this BS.

:lol

I hate it because, I’m pretty sure we’ve already seen the biggest party tricks that are supposed to ‘wow’ us. They will continue to build excitement for an “off-road” truck that will turn out to be the same conservative formula: 32” tires, a rear locker, A-Trac, New styling (probably a grill sized for a Kenworth), a bunch of factory accessories better filled by the aftermarket. Oh… but, rear disk brakes!!! They probably looked nearly 30 years back in time at my 70 series for technological inspiration on that one.

Meanwhile… I’m seeing a Chevy Bison (that already had front and rear lockers) on 35’s from the factory and looking good even with the wrappers still on it.

Chevy ZR2 Bison, GMC Canyon AT4X AEV edition…

… Ford Ranger Raptor…

… rumors of a Ram Dakota baby Power Wagon…

… Toyota teasing us with Bluetooth speakers and 6 speed manual transmissions.

New model threads are always confusing as people complain about features nobody knows for sure are offered or not or what kind of trim levels will be available at introduction or upgrades slated for the following year(s). It’s like a chorus composed of farts and gesticulations as these models get torn apart or revered depending on the poster’s interpretation or brand loyalty.

That being said I’m not so sure about all these turbo 4 cylinders. Turbos are high maintenance and don’t like heat or dirty environments but at least they are a petrol motor. We need to enjoy that while we can.

I guess I look at new trucks different. Reliability, affordability and overall usefulness are what I’m looking for in a truck. 35” tires, 26” info screens, 360 cameras and all that stuff you find in boutique trucks ain’t what I’m looking for. Give me something that will last a long time, be the least costly to afford and has enough support to outfit it to my needs is top. If it doesn’t have what I actually need that’s what the aftermarket and some hours out in the garage are for. Anybody can buy a boutique truck and cruise it through suburbia, hell that’s where most of these Gucci trucks lurk.

New model threads are always confusing as people complain about features nobody knows for sure are offered or not or what kind of trim levels will be available at introduction or upgrades slated for the following year(s). It’s like a chorus composed of farts and gesticulations as these models get torn apart or revered depending on the poster’s interpretation or brand loyalty.

I believe this is part of the manufacturer's marketing plan.

Remember, any publicity is better than no publicity.

Back
Top Bottom