4th Gen Taco: 2024 revealed?

That said, the more I see and learn of this platform I’m hopeful that it might just be good enough to get me back in a Taco. I just need to silence my inner Luddite when it comes to this new drivetrain…

This caught my eye.

"Toyota hasn't revealed max tow ratings and payload capacities for all Tacoma configurations, but the automatic-equipped iForce powertrain is rated to pull up to 6500 pounds. Meanwhile, the hybrid iForce Max is capped at a 6000-pound tow rating and can carry a payload of up to 1709 pounds."

source: https://www.caranddriver.com/toyota/tacoma

The Pro and Trailthingie both have 3” wider stance. Okay. Is that by longer control arms for more travel or just wheel spacing and wider fender flares? If it’s the later that’s pretty lame.

What I saw in one video, I think it was from Motortrend, is the base 24 Tacoma track width is 3" wider than the 3rd gen and the Pro and Trail have a 3" wider stance then the base. I'm a bit dubious of that claim because a 23 Tacoma and Tundra SR5 both have a track width of 68.4" with both Pro's at 69.4". The new Tacoma build on the GA-F platform is going to have a 71.4" track with a Pro at 74.4" and the Tundra Pro at 69.4"?

It does seem like there is some extension to the LCAs. What's pictured here looks more like the Tundra LCAs than what's on my 3rd gen. It wouldn't surprise me that Tundra LCAs would fit a Tacoma given Toyota's love of using the same part in multiple vehicles and it will be built on the same GA-F platform. A 12mm (difference in the stock) offset like what's on the 3rd gen Pro plus an additional 25mm on the LCA will get you the 3" wider stance.
2024-Toyota-Tacoma-Trailhunter.png

Attachments

• 2022 Tundra LCA.png
    2022 Tundra LCA.png
    576.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 3rd gen Tacoma LCA.jpg
    3rd gen Tacoma LCA.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
I wouldn’t touch the first year of production on these unless it was used. Out the gate, there’s bound to be growing pains.

That said, the more I see and learn of this platform I’m hopeful that it might just be good enough to get me back in a Taco. I just need to silence my inner Luddite when it comes to this new drivetrain…

I'm a professed Toyota fanboy who doesn't own a Toyota. I don't think they can be equally conservative and behind the curve with their technology and be too advanced with this powertrain. Nothing they've done would lead me to believe they're out on a limb here. If anyone is ready for a hybrid engine in a truck, it's them. But did they do enough to make it off road worthy?

Storage area in the cack of the Access Cab. Looks very much like a grid of mounting points for accessories. Plus molle on the door bins in both pics.

It also looks like the passenger seat folds down flat to extend the platform in the back.
TAC_MY24_0029_V001_P1HlYBI9LPpXKa_YVFIzfEJD0oFQ0DOywrh4Pk.png

TAC_MY24_0019_V001_r03IswlMTN_Ku55jdUnudgT80bii7QF5zdq47TY2B.png

Canadian 4th gen Tacoma. Part of the ordering sheet

Attachments

• IMG_20230906_105147.jpg
    IMG_20230906_105147.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 104
Back
Top Bottom