Wow! Falling off Black Bear Pass

Black Bear Pass

There is a GoFundMe for the woman ejected from the Jeep.

September 6, 2021by Suzie Rhodes, Beneficiary
"I just wanted to give a little update on my recovery process and I want to say Thank you to everyone that has supported me through this tough time in my life. As of right now I am still going to physical therapy three days a week and I am making really good progress. Almost a year ago I had lost all feeling and motion in my legs. Over time I have been able to get a little more sensation and movement in my legs. When I returned home in January I had little movement and by March I started going to physical therapy. We worked on the little movement I had and tried to grow on that. By the end of April I was able to stand with a walker. By the end of May I was able to move my left leg forward and backwards. I was starting to walk. My right leg was struggling at the time. I ended up getting some AFO (foot braces) to help lift my toes so I could advance my legs better. By the end of June I was able to walk on the parallel bars. My legs continue to show really good progress. I am able to get up on my walker and walk a little ways right now. Besides my physical progress, I am also making really good mental progress. I was finally able to go up in the mountains for the first time since my accident. I was reminded how beautiful it is. I was reminded of why I loved being in the mountains. I fully plan on going back on Black Bear Pass again. My hope by next year I will be able to go up in the mountains as much as I want. With everyday I am reminded of how incredible life is .Going through a life changing accident makes you appreciate everything and everyone in your life. I am so grateful for the progress I have made this fair and I can't wait to see what he future will bring. Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this accident , because of you guys this accident has been easier to handle."

https://www.gofundme.com/f/helping-suzie-heal

Back
Top Bottom