The "Trail Whale" 2012 Power Wagon, not quite a build yet but....

trailwhale

Adventurist
... figured I might as well start a thread!

My truck is a 2012 Ram Power Wagon ST. Built in 12/12, bought fresh off the truck in 1/13, wheeled for the first time 3 days after purchase with only 120 miles on it so, started off right!

Here it is the first time I looked at it! I was debating between two identical trucks one black or one gray, funny thing is that the black one (according to the service techs) never gets wheeled, they said the owner never even took the zip tie off the winch cable or installed the hook! Two very different lives for the trucks, I hope mine is happy to have ended up in my ownership, LOL!
photo-19_zps9becf5ed.jpg

Here is the most recent shot of it. IDK if its progression qualifies so much as a build just yet, maybe more of a gradual destruction?
trail%20whale%20most%20recent%20pic_zpsc7zrwyfk.jpg

67k miles on the truck now, mods so far:

Carli 2.5 Performance lift (older one, not the new setup they have now by the same name):
2.5" body remote reservoir stainless shafted King shocks
Fabricated towers (had to modify my airbox a bit to fit them)
MIG/mild control arms (.5" longer than stock, in stock mounts)
Progressive front coils
Full rear "standard" replacement leaf pack
Thuren rear adjustable shackles on middle hole
(ended up with about 2" front lift and about 1" rear lift)

37x12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on stock wheels (plastidipped black)

AEV "raised air intake" with air ram inlet

2.5"x4" .250 wall rock sliders (mounting brackets are from White Knuckle, but I wanted a larger main tube than they make, sliders are incomplete since I've yet to find anybody that can bed the 2" .250 wall DOM I bought for kickout tubes)

Old school Cobra 29 Nightwatch CB with Firestick antenna

Some little scrap metal recover points at the front to tide me over until I actually buy (or more likely build) a front bumper.

"customized" rear bumper (read that as: half ripped off by a tree than sawzalled down to just being the center step section, been rocking that for a while until I buy (or more likely build) a rear bumper)

A goodly smattering of recovery gear in my UWS toolbox

Things collected waiting for me to get around to an install:

Bunch of 2" .120 wall DOM to build a bed cage/expo rack to hold:
Shovel, Axe, Hi-lift, Maxxtrax, etc. (I'd love to say RTT but, more realistically it'll be holding a storage box with my old (completely not waterproof) cheapo Coleman tent in it, LOL!)

Bunch of 1/4" plate for bumper builds (and likely some supplementation of skidplates)

Warn VR12000 to be installed as a rear winch

Bunch of Rigid lights:
(2) SAE driving lights
(2) SAE foglights
(2) diffused dually lights for backup lights
(2) sets of 4 rock lights (wanted 8 total, they sell in sets of 4 or 6, I'll link 2 sets of 4)

SPOD (just the normal 6 switch panel setup)

Locker bypass kit (allows locking diff use in 4-hi and usage of rear locker in 2wd (stock setup only allows locker usage in 4-low))

VIAIR 444C compressor with tank (OBA setup)

I have a set of 37x12.50R17 Pitbull Rocker Radial XOR LT tires on order (ordered back when Pitbull had the 50% off to celebrate Trump winning)

Hopefully at some point I'll actually get around to building this truck!!!

Last edited:
Seeing this truck in action at Uwharrie helped tilt the scales in favor of my current Ram truck. Awesome machine you have and I'm looking forward to see what more you do with it!

:popcorn

Seeing this truck in action at Uwharrie helped tilt the scales in favor of my current Ram truck. Awesome machine you have and I'm looking forward to see what more you do with it!

:popcorn

Thank you Dave!!!! I'm very proud to have had a small hand in your decision to embark on your AWESOME Ram build!!!!!! I can't wait to actually see your rig in person; I've definitely enjoyed following your build! I need to get my butt in gear and get my build going!

Back
Top Bottom