Spare tire rack leaning wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Back

Team Balls Out

Adventurist
This thing has been bugging me for a while. My spare tire rack was leaning way to far back. Heck it's was worst with he trailer on it! Well I did find the problem and it's fixed. I removed all of the hardware tire and the other stuff. After some investigating I did find the problem. The bolts under the frame where it mounts had elongated holes for adjustments. They worked there way loose after of years of wheeling. So I loosened all of the nuts and bolts, took a floor jack and placed it under the trailer hitch and jacked it back into place where is should be. Tightened all the bolts, reinstalled the tire swing, ham antennae ,CB antenna and lights and all came out very well I am pleased. If this happens again I will just redo it over and than tack weld the sucker in place. Now I don't have to worry about it leaning anymore! __________________
I don't suffer from mental illness... I quite enjoy it!
j2xgwDMBDSsnVA69OtCogRQzID4UOTOFEwAHkGJSmhPzgRIAFU7lagXmBJGuXwEwEMPlz8AaBEagAjDrBQAkcUj5iCtQwK0FSzhciBsQADs=

Attachments

• DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00362.jpg
    DSC00362.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00367.jpg
    DSC00367.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00368.jpg
    DSC00368.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00369.jpg
    DSC00369.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 83
All that stuff provides a lot of leverage. I had the same problems. I found that my cross member was getting fatigued and was allowing the whole works to sag. I welded in this cross member from MORE. It was a cheap fix.
_1265970158.jpg

The likely culprit is that red Scepter can. You should trade that to me for one of my green ones, everyone knows green cans lean less.

:p

Back
Top Bottom