Shopping 4 a New Truck? What to buy...

Last edited:
Ram is dealing like crazy on their trucks. Deals are at 10-11k below sticker. And 16s are still available. If I could afford one, it would be in my driveway.

I know now there is a lot of love for Ram on this site and I'll agree it is a highly personal opinion. But having said that I will put my F-350 srw up against anything offered by other manufacturers....
Just think for a second ...why are there so many '16's still on the lot?? You'd be hard pressed to find a '16 SD on any lot.
I don't want to get into a pissing contest with other members here as I respect their opinions..but all I'm saying is do your own research and be happy with your own decision..I will however agree with the OP in that there is much more usable space in a Grandby (or Hallmark Everest like I have) over a Hawk or similar 6.5 foot camper.

Being the best selling brand really isn't an indicator of anything per say. Most computers run on Windows, doesn't mean it's the world's greatest operating system. Just most successful at business. ;) Ford has perhaps the best brand loyalty and marketing. And dare I say, they've always been ahead of GM and Ram in terms of new features.

But Ford are also the ones who've been playing numbers games for years, like fugging numbers by saying people buy trucks with no bumpers to skew tow and payload ratings. (This has been well reported, google) There marketing does nothing to educate consumers, but a lot to confuse.

But I agree, you have to educate yourself for your needs, wants and personal preferences. Don't ever trust a stealership to be honest to you. No matter what the brand or the reputation.

:clang

^^^^Nothing wrong with liking your own truck, I do! I don't think you can really make a mistake with ANY of the big three, possibly 5 if you count Toyota and Nissan. It comes down to personal preferences in my opinion. In my head, an '06 or '07 Classic Sierra/Silverado are the hottest trucks to have in the GM lineup. That generation got the higher HP Duramax and the 6 speed Allison (previously a 5 speed), and none of the particulate traps, DEF systems, etc.

Emissions systems that are programmed to gradually reduce engine power until you are restricted to 4MPH on the new diesels terrifies me...and I'm fearless!:rolleyes: (on GM products, can't speak for the others). I've have a customer that towed his boat to Cabo last winter. Baja Sur doesn't get ULTRA low sulphur diesel fuel, he made it to Cabo and was half way back when his truck went into limp mode due to the particulate trap sooting up/not able to regenerate fast enough. He got a 600 mile ride to the border on the back of a Mexican flat bed tow truck. He was a little pissed when he got the truck to me...he was even more pissed when he asked me how he was supposed to know about the ULSD fuel requirement. I opened the fuel fill door, showed him the "do not read" sticker, then got out his "do not read" book, and showed him where it explained the requirement...somehow it was still my fault.:confused:

Most popular trucks used by industry, all trades.

1131654425-frane-best-truck-brand-hero-tcm80-2163103.jpg

We ended up going the Diesel route. The main reason for me was the range. We got a 2016 2500, added carli suspension and 35s. We love our truck, range, towing capacity, payload. It dosnt have some of the options that a power wangon would (lockers,winch, sway bar disconnects) but with the suspension i have found i have not needed them at this point.

Just my .02, we love the diesel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey @bob91yj with a tuner like an Edge Juice with Attitude you can control the regen process so if the guy coming back from Cabo had one at the time, the way I understand it is that he could have manually performed the regen cycle and been on his way.

Back
Top Bottom