New stove coming to the market

Celt II

Adventurist
I just saw this on youtube this morning. Years ago when I bought my MSR XGK (That I still have) I was doing a lot of backpacking and mountaineering. No matter where I was I could get fuel as it would burn it. Fast forward many years and it has found it's way into the kitchen cooking box. I just saw this and while it is very similar in some ways it's entirely much more versatile. This has added in the options of running Coleman fuel, propane and isobutane cannisters. I don't know what it will be charged but I certainly am going to watch this when it gets released.

I don't need another stove

That probably applies to a lot of us! ;)

Along with the 30+ year old Coleman 425 white gas stove with propane conversion (my everyday stove), I have two twig stoves with adaptors to use pellets, fuel cubes, alcohol, or isobutane, plus another pocket cube stove, Jetboil, Coleman single burner propane, MSR white gas back packing stove, and a pocket rocket isobutane stove.

Still, I look at "the next thing". :rolleyes:

I haven't really looked into their stuff. I see a lot on "sponsored" YouTube channels mentioning them, so I don't know if it is any good, or just has a lot of vocal ambassadors.
"Vocal Ambassadors" HAHHAHAHHAHAHA, Hysterical!!! You made my evening with that one Sir!

Yeah, let's see; off the top of my head- three Coleman two burners, two Coleman single burners, two butane canister stoves including a Jetboil, a Korean/Asian style (mmmm samgyupsal) , two Esbits, a tinder/twig, several alcohol beer can stoves, a hobo stove, probably a couple of others I'm forgetting.... :rolleyes:

samgyupsal

mmmmm

A friend gave me the recipe of the dry rub a she uses on her's (per 1/2 lb)
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp each of paprika, onion powder, garlic powder
  • 1 tbs each of kosher salt and black pepper

Last edited:
Damn you Dave as you had to mention a new company I have never heard of Kovea....I blame you if I get divorced. I already get yelled at for the SP addiction....

Kovea makes some quality gear, I have their burner on the skottle.

Full or adventure sized skottle? I have been looking for a burner with a larger flame pattern to reduce the hot spot on my full size skottle.

Mike

Full or adventure sized skottle? I have been looking for a burner with a larger flame pattern to reduce the hot spot on my full size skottle.

Mike
Fullsize. The Kovea burner is hotter, has better heat control, and a larger hot spot. I bought mine straight from Jerry, at the time I bought it he was the same price as Amazon and it came with the adapter to mount it, not sure what it is now, but I am happy with the upgrade

The Kovea burner is hotter, has better heat control, and a larger hot spot. I bought mine straight from Jerry, at the time I bought it he was the same price as Amazon and it came with the adapter to mount it, not sure what it is now, but I am happy with the upgrade

Thanks, Cris! The hot spot has been my only complaint with the Coleman one-burner that came with the kit. I ordered the Scout kit from Jerry yesterday, hoping it will get here before we leave next Thursday for a TearJerkers get together. I looked elsewhere, but most were out of stock or said discontinued. Expensive, but if it helps even out the heating, it will be worth it. Thanks for the tip!

I ordered the Scout kit from Jerry yesterday,

The Kovea kit for the Skottle arrived today, and, I'm an idiot... I'd read about it when on my desktop computer, but ordered later from my phone. And, I ordered the Adventure Skottle kit instead of the original, so I have the wrong adaptor bracket.

Jerry @TemboTusk has me covered, though, and is sending out the correct bracket for what was obviously an error on my part. Best customer service around! Back when I was trying to make a fridge slide for my National Luna 90 Twin in 2017ish, I ran out of time, so instead, ordered one of Jerry's Jumbo slides. He rush shipped it to me at regular shipping cost, and it arrived with a day or two to spare. Jerry, if you're reading this, I really owe you a bottle of your favorite beverage!! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom