Military Spec Battery Terminals

Scott B.

Adventurist
@Mitch Where did you find the pieces attached to the battery terminals?

upload_2018-3-12_15-0-39.jpeg

If you're referring to the aluminum terminal extension pieces, those are made by Slee Offroad. They're a bit hard to get a hold of as they never answer any phone extensions, but those extensions are 100% necessary with the recent changes to the Odyssey Group 31M battery form factor, as well as others that use center-mounted posts. Toyota's cables are too short to reach the middle.

Thank you.

I am considering making new battery cables, but if I don't need to to fit a battery, I may just wait until mine are ready for replacement.

Still debating between dual Odyssey Group 34R batteries or a single (someday dual?) Group 31M.

NAPA part numbers:
NW728222 neg. terminal $11.31/ea
NW728223 pos. terminal $10.91/ea

These are another option but don't address the greater length which you may require.

nzlqqc.jpg

Thank you.

I am considering making new battery cables, but if I don't need to to fit a battery, I may just wait until mine are ready for replacement.

Still debating between dual Odyssey Group 34R batteries or a single (someday dual?) Group 31M.
There is never a reason to go dual 31's. Financially and functionally pointless. In fact, I discourage dual battery for most circumstances.

I made an extension with a copper bar to make my stock cables reach the Odyssey
I like those you have Mitch much cleaner

Why not take it to the existing stud instead of the post/lead terminal?

The stock Nissan positive terminal has a bunch of what I think are called fusible links built in. The battery cable is 90° to the terminal. We thought it would be easier to do what we did than to take appart the positive side terminal.
Also, I don't know if that's the question you were asking :)

The stock Nissan positive terminal has a bunch of what I think are called fusible links built in. The battery cable is 90° to the terminal. We thought it would be easier to do what we did than to take appart the positive side terminal.
Also, I don't know if that's the question you were asking :)
I'm referring to the bus bar you made, you bent it up to reach the lead clamp on terminal instead of leaving it flat and just attaching to the 5/16" stud

I'm referring to the bus bar you made, you bent it up to reach the lead clamp on terminal instead of leaving it flat and just attaching to the 5/16" stud

Oh, i get the question.
You know, I'm not really sure? lol.

Back
Top Bottom