LTR: Wagan Tech Lithium Cube 1200

Dave

Adventurist
Founder
Senior Staff
Editor
As time goes on, we humans tend to possess an ever-increasing number of powered devices. These devices do so many great things for us, which is why we want to bring them with us wherever we go. Yet thankfully the world isn’t covered in a grid of easy to access power outlets, so we have portable power supplies to keep our gear powered up when we’re off grid. A good power supply can provide any type of power needed to run all sorts of devices, from phones and fridges to power tools. Likewise, the power supply also needs to have a significant power reserve – enough to get through days of adventure, or to keep the essentials powered up during hours of a grid power outage at home. All of this functionality needs to fit into a portable, durable package that can hold up to extensive off-road use and perform in both the heat and the cold.  For the last year, I’ve been putting the Wagan Tech Lithium Cube 1200 to the test to see if it can keep everything powered up, no matter what I’m...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent review @Chad!

Bases on your feedback, I picked up one of these during their holiday sales. Looking forward to powering my 12v fridge with this while in camp at Desert Rendezvous!

In action at Desert Rendezvous

D1149F61-EB7F-4218-8B94-663C68A3D489.jpeg

So after the first day running the Engel 12v fridge on the cube, I decided to see what would happen and NOT recharge it via solar for the rest of the event.

Nearly 60 hours of continuous draw with the fridge set to 1 degree Celsius (33.8 degrees Fahrenheit) and it only drew the cube down to 73%. Ambient temps were 75 in the daytime and in the 40’s at night.

This cube is a game changer for me. Highly recommend!

Cube in action at Desert Rendezvous with the matching Wagan Tech 100 watt solar panel. It’s really nice to be completely decoupled from the vehicle’s electrical system in camp and free of battery anxiety!

DDAAEC25-532C-4AC7-BD24-0FC3EAB42428.jpeg

64FC6813-E0F8-416C-BFB1-94C7FD6BBDEA.jpeg

So after the first day running the Engel 12v fridge on the cube, I decided to see what would happen and NOT recharge it via solar for the rest of the event.

Nearly 60 hours of continuous draw with the fridge set to 1 degree Celsius (33.8 degrees Fahrenheit) and it only drew the cube down to 73%. Ambient temps were 75 in the daytime and in the 40’s at night.

This cube is a game changer for me. Highly recommend!

Forgot to mention, this was with a fridge that was PACKED FULL of stuff for the trip.

Update:

We started with a 100% charge as we used the Wagan Tech Lithium Cube 1200 all weekend at Mountain Rendezvous. Our 12v fridge (Engel MT-45set at 1 degree Celsius (33.8 degrees Fahrenheit) all day (and all night) Thursday, Friday, Saturday and 1/2 the day on Sunday.

During this time, we were parked under massive trees with no solar charging. We also used it to recharge our phones.

This took the battery down to 60%. With solar recharging, I have no doubt that this thing could keep us out there far longer than our provisions would allow.

It’s badass.

It also fits very nicely in a Step 22 Stingray HD Flat Box for safe transport.

IMG_5526.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom