LA police gear urban ops tactical pants

Scott

Adventurist
I'm not sure if this review belongs here. If not feel free to move it. I was getting pretty tired of wearing jeans every day that I was off of work. I have quite a few items for my edc and jeans were just not cutting it. While the family and I were at ovx 2016, we hung out with the AAV crew in their booth and the topic of the la police gear pants came up. Both @Xpedition Outfitters and @BlkWgn talked up these pants. A decent price point, and durable, I thought I'd order a couple pairs. I ordered a pair in tan and a pair in black. They have elastic sides on the waistbands, which makes them perfect for my iwb holster and my springfield xd9 when I'm carrying. The vast array of pockets is nice too. The best part about these pants is the fact that while thin, they are made of ripstop material and are quite durable, while keeping me fairly cool during the summer. I liked them so much that I decided I'd try out another line of their pants as well, the urban recon pant. I just got the urban recon pants recently so I haven't had a chance to test them but I am sure they will be just as good. Price point is anywhere between 18 to 22 bucks a pair depending on if you catch them on sale... even at full price of 22 bucks they are worth every penny. They are now the only pants I will wear while camping or when not at work. Thank you to @Xpedition Outfitters and @BlkWgn for the suggestion. Below are some pics of the black ones, as I'm currently wearing the tan ones.
93ff2b42b7fd30dd077f57d306aab670.jpg

1185925b1b00486cfef8a8bb32819b54.jpg

56b943c7292fa8ec7de72125b314b1c9.jpg

Scott

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hard to go wrong with LA Police Gear prices!

I've worn through a few pair of the TAD knock off LA Police Gear pants, those were comfy as well. They actually held up well but I'm the kind of guy that would somehow accidentally break an iron rod. I like catching them on sell, sometimes as cheap as $15 each: http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-shrike-tactical-pant.html

Duluth Fire Hose pants are the only ones that survive my general abuse for any amount of time: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...OjqZM-4gWCen5KKB8xFe0B6J4nd20Bo0XkaArGv8P8HAQ

The problem being that the Duluth pants are considerably more expensive. However, on the upside they mostly don't look like "shoot me first" tactical pants. Both fit much better and last longer than anything 5.11 has put out in the last 10 years. Full discloser: I'm still wearing my old side zip 5.11 patrol boots as hiking boots, when I'm not hiking in my Birkenstocks.

I'm going to have to check those out. I've been buying military surplus pants for about $10 a pair and I can't wear them out no matter how hard I try. It would be nice to break out of the multi-cam patterns though.

[QUOTE="WUZombies, post: 72419, member: 2292"

Duluth Fire Hose pants are the only ones that survive my general abuse for any amount of time: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/...OjqZM-4gWCen5KKB8xFe0B6J4nd20Bo0XkaArGv8P8HAQ

The problem being that the Duluth pants are considerably more expensive. However, on the upside they mostly don't look like "shoot me first" tactical pants. Both fit much better and last longer than anything 5.11 has put out in the last 10 years. Full discloser: I'm still wearing my old side zip 5.11 patrol boots as hiking boots, when I'm not hiking in my Birkenstocks.[/QUOTE]

I second that on Duluth, they are a little more expensive but they are really fantastic quality. Super hard to destroy any of their fire hose line, the Armachillo work shirts are fantastic for the desert and their return policy is top notch.

I recently bought two pair of LAPG pants in my regular wrangler size. They are not fitting well, even with the elastic they are too tight. When sweating, they don't move well on my legs, making hiking not fun. Maybe if I got a larger size they would be ok but for now I'll just stick to ripstop wrangler cargo pants. (they are much less expensive than LAPG anyway)

I recently bought two pair of LAPG pants in my regular wrangler size. They are not fitting well, even with the elastic they are too tight. When sweating, they don't move well on my legs, making hiking not fun. Maybe if I got a larger size they would be ok but for now I'll just stick to ripstop wrangler cargo pants. (they are much less expensive than LAPG anyway)
Tell me more about the wrangler ripstop?? If they are cheaper than 17 or 18 bucks a,pair I'll buy some of them too

I quit buying wrangler ripstop, they rip easier than the regular wrangler cargo pants, should be called rip start. Around $18-20 each.

LAPG pants are the best, I bought a pair on clearance about 3 years ago they are awesome, However I do not like the elastic waistband too much or maybe I should have gotten a size bigger.

Update.. I recently picked up 2 pairs of the lapg urban recon pants because they were on sale.. so far, from what i can tell the urban recon pants seem to be made of a thicker material than the urban ops pants. Thus far, I like them all and they are my new go to pants when I'm not in my work uniform.. absolutely happy with them for the price. Solid pants that works great in conjunction with my hanks gun belt, Foxx holster and springfield xd9 4" service model when carrying concealed.

Back
Top Bottom