Any other Festool converts?

JEREMY

Adventurist
Founding Member
I just started using the TS55 Track Saw and CT 26E Dust Collector. Wow, this would've made a huge difference during our last two camper builds. Kicking myself for not making the switch earlier. I'm impressed enough that I'm now saving my allowance for the Kapex miter saw. :)

i-M9wmBck-M.jpg

[video=youtube;fNsIxczIVcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNsIxczIVcI[/video]

I always thought one would be great for cutting panels. One of the Festool's could replace a larger table saw and of those small break down table saws could fill in the gaps.

I always thought one would be great for cutting panels. One of the Festool's could replace a larger table saw and of those small break down table saws could fill in the gaps.
That's what led me to the track saw. I was planning to finally get a cabinet saw like this one. I love the accuracy/dado capability but it just takes up too much space for how rarely I cut big sheets of wood. The track saw's accuracy is only limited by my ability to properly lay the track (it cuts EXACTLY where you tell it to). I can use my router for dadoes. Most of my cuts are on the miter saw which is why I'm wanting Festool's Kapex model. I got to spend some time with one the other day and was very impressed. Besides the quality of the tools, the big thing for me these days is the dust extraction. It's pretty amazing how clean the work area (and my lungs) stays when using the Festool saw/vacuum system. Again, I'm kicking myself for not buying these tools earlier.

I could've eliminated a mountain of aluminum, plastic and wood dust during our most recent camper build:
i-fvnFQcB-S.jpg

i-8452X2w-M.jpg

Never heard of Festool before you sent me down this rabbit hole... Really nice tools!

I read your Roadie Box Cabinet and Sprinter thread on another forum a long time ago. Everything was well thought out. I also think your fridge recommendation led me to buying the Edgestar. My cabinets came out nice but no where near the quality of yours. You should try fiberglass work if you think you can create a lot of dust cutting wood!

That Festool Miter saw is nice as well. I didn't see the blade size??? Most likely my next big purchase will be a compound miter saw with folding table. Notice a trend? Right now I don't have anything that tools that have folding tables. My shop is a nice size but there's never enough room.

Festool stuff make me :drool. But Dave was right about the rabbit hole. Their stuff all seems to work together so well, it would be easy to drop a lot of coin.

Have you seen the wings this guy built for his Kapex using their crown guides? Totally cool.

[video=youtube_share;et1SGT6c3i8]http://youtu.be/et1SGT6c3i8[/video]

Danny

Did someone say Festool?

Yes, I have been bitten by the bug. I wish someone had shown me these tools years ago, could have made a lot more money and a lot better product along the way. Not to mention customers are always blown away when we show up and start NOT making a mess with dust.

In our shop we use the following Festool items and love them all, in conjunction with the vac system there's not a better option.

TS55 Track saw
TS75 Track saw
Kapex Miter Saw - by far my favorite
CT Mini Dust Extractor - second place favorite, it has the same power as the large CT 33 but is tiny and light.
CT 33 Dust Extractor
ES 125 R/O Sander
OF 1400 Router
MFK Trim Router
MFT Table - For Sale if anyone is interested, it is a great tool but most of our installs are quick and the setup time is a little long for my guys. If you are going to be in someones home for several days, weeks, months it would be a great piece to have. As a fixed workstation in a shop would also be a great tool.

Once your bit it's all over for the bank account. As for the salespeople that tell you a track saw can replace your table saw, not quite, but close.

Last edited:
Never heard of Festool before you sent me down this rabbit hole... Really nice tools!
Dave- If I had your design/building skills, I wouldn't need to compensate with the fancy tools. ;)

scbrian said:
You should try fiberglass work if you think you can create a lot of dust cutting wood!
Yep. I spent much of my Jr. High and High School years repairing surfboards. Ugh!

scbrian said:
That Festool Miter saw is nice as well. I didn't see the blade size???
10" blade but it has a clever lock on the extension that allows it to cut narrow stock to the same depth as a 12" blade.

I wish someone had shown me these tools years ago, could have made a lot more money and a lot better product along the way. Not to mention customers are always blown away when we show up and start NOT making a mess with dust.
liquidamber- Good to hear from a pro. I'm enjoying how little cleanup is required after cutting with the TS55. I ordered the Kapex yesterday.

I can not look at this thread!

Thank god I don't have a place for any of this stuff! I'd be broke in no time flat!

Wow! It's like the Snow Peak of power tools. I'm glad I don't have the need for any of it... plus I hear I got a good deal on my current table saw. :D

Jeremy,

You are going to love the Kapex, we have used Dewalt, Craftsman and Makita's before and nothing compares to the Kapex.

I also meant to comment on your camper build out, very, very nice, I am impressed.

Back
Top Bottom