The Random Thoughts Thread

I think that by the time I’m done building my Jeep the way I want it, Toyota is finally going to re-enter the game here with something to compete in the Wrangler/Bronco/Gladiator segment.

Something is brewing and it will be just my luck that they’ll release something drool worthy right about the time I’m 100% dialed in.

I think that by the time I’m done building my Jeep the way I want it, Toyota is finally going to re-enter the game here with something to compete in the Wrangler/Bronco/Gladiator segment.

Something is brewing and it will be just my luck that they’ll release something drool worthy right about the time I’m 100% dialed in.

You just need a larger garage. :D

I found a new use for the truck fridge!

This year, we are cooking 2 turkeys - one roasted, one smoked (with hickory). Both are currently sitting a brine. So as not to take up the entire house fridge with turkeys, I put one in the truck fridge!

I know, not very monumental... I guess this is the first we've cooked 2 birds, so it's a "new" solution for me. :rolleyes:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :home

Looks like Toyota has found a way past the chip shortage.

"The global production plan in December is expected to reach the 800,000 units level including the recovery from the impact of the previous production cutbacks. In addition, as a result of the cooperation of our suppliers, all 14 plants and 28 production lines in Japan will be operating normally for the first time in seven months since May. In addition, we will continue to maintain our production forecast of 9 million units for the fiscal year. (Reference: Global production volumes were approximately 760,000 units in December 2020)"

I'm sure the other automakers are not going to be happy with their stock low and the dealers lots empty.

It also looks like there's going to be a lot of people who bought a Toyota with a $10K to $15K markup this past year who are also not going to be very happy.

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/36347205.html

Has anyone else seen the video of BMW 3D printing in metal racing cylinder heads? Amazing!
Sorry couldn't locate it to link.

Off-roading “RAM Tough” in my front yard.

[EDIT] Sorry, I don't know squat on Facebook. I post shared stuff on Instagram, and reluctantly, have it auto-post on Facebook.

This should work. I posted it on a private gallery on my SmugMug account. One is the full view from the camera, and the other a bad crop..

https://smorris.smugmug.com/Travelling-Shared/Shared/n-x2cTvw
( if that one doesn't work. I give up...)

Backstory:
We just finished shoveling yesterday when this happened! Only visible damage was the front bumper plastic trim. I suspect an alignment will be needed. There are some very large rocks in that pile. He fared much better than the Honda Civic that did the same thing several years ago…

We'd just finished shoveling, and walking up the front sidewalk to the door when, BOOM! After asking if he was okay, I asked if he’d lost control on the icy curve (a very common occurrence there each winter) Nope, he’d been distracted by the new construction going on at a home just before the curve.

I especially liked one of the comments to the post: "Too much Ram and not enough Dodge" :)

Last edited:
1642546095363.png

Sadly not for fuel. Basically for water. Kind of misleading until you scroll to the very bottom and read they are not EPA legal. " ***These tanks are NOT certified by the EPA for fuel storage and voids all warranty and return claims."

I was looking for water storage and that's how I found it. Not sure if I would want to put fuel there. The crumple zone may include that portion of the vehicle since the engineers assume something very good at absorbing impacts would be there.

car-explodes.gif

Yesterday was a work day. We moved 4 yards of dirt, filling in behind the retaining wall we just built. This will become a trailer parking pad.

Today was a smoking day! As in, smoking meat. 2 chickens, 10 hot Italian sausages, 2 brisket flats, a couple of ears of corn and an onion - for good measure. As it worked out, sausage for lunch, chicken for dinner, brisket for late dessert!

I hate it for y'all that you missed it. :p

Back
Top Bottom