The Overland Adventures - 2003 4runner Build!

fo' runnin'

Adventurist
I previously owned a 2nd gen and recently sold that and upgraded to a 2003 SR5 V8! Couldn't be happier! The reasons for making the upgrade should be obvious, but the main reason was family comfort during family explorations!

Here are some pics of my old 2nd gen...

...and here was the 4th gen the day I brought it home!

I didn't waste any time and started subtle, free mods right away! First thing was a running board delete...

Then on to the charcoal filter delete...

Then I added our logo...

Then a little plasti-dipping...

...and how it sat after all that!

Then I had a slight vibration when braking, so I had my rotors turned and put some new ceramic pads on last night! Braking feels 10xs better now!

After that it was time for a full synthetic oil change!

Also did a little headlight buffing! Much better now!

...and then I decided to cut this thing off to get more sound out of that V8 for free! Made a little difference, but not much! Time for a magnaflow muffler now....

Then brown santa dropped these items off...

Then shortly after these bad boys showed up! I am EXTREMELY happy with the lift/tire combo. Had a little rubbing up front, but luckily it was just on the mudflaps, so I removed them and it hasn't rubbed since! It's perfect!

They stuff nicely!

Height comparison

[/quote]

Found a few minutes to sneak off with the kids while momma was at work... I am very happy with the way this thing rides off road. Take bumps very smooth and gently, doesn't bind up, has plenty of flex, has plenty of ground clearance. I literally have NO complaints right now.

The wife bought me an extension for my Rola rack! Looks much better! Now I am going to fab my own low-profile brackets modeled after the kit from Armor Tech Offroad.

I also got a legit NATO jerry can from jerrycans.com. VERY nice product!

Unfortunately Photobucket really compresses these and makes them look like doodoo, but I had to go test out my new camera lens!

Had fun at a designated ORV park today!

The little helper holding things down while we were changing out a flat!

More photos from last Saturday...

Jeff's 5th gen...

Got my ICOM ID880-H installed!

Nice thing about this radio is that the faceplate is magnetic, so just pull it off and unplug it then you can take the faceplate with you when parking in sketchy areas!

Also got my rear diff beather extended!

Back
Top Bottom