New flooring in Reloading Room

ArkansasDon

Adventurist
Been working on my reloading room for a week (just finished), removed the carpeting, window, door trim & baseboards. Got rid of my old desk after 22 years, wife got me a new one.

Put in new flooring, she picked out the color, I stain matched all the new door, window trim & baseboards, sprayed on cabinet grade sanding sealer 2 coats & 3 coats of cabinet grade lacquer satin finished. Put new paint color on the accent wall. The wife will make (sew) new curtain valance, she is heading to the fabric store on her lunch hour today.

I like the way it came out. We are slowly removing all the carpeting through out the house & putting in hard surface, I have one more room left, our master bedroom 14ft x 16ft. So far I figure in the last 5 years I put in 1,760 sq ft of plank flooring,182 sq ft of floor tile.

reloading room 3.jpg
reloading room 2.jpg
reloading room.jpg
reloading room 6.jpg
reloading room 8.jpg
reloading room 7.jpg
reloading room 9.jpg

That looks amazing @ArkansasDon - beautifully executed!

Anyone who has ever done flooring whether its wood, tile or carpet will tell you it's hard work. Lots of little nuances and tricks of the trade for sure.

With our current remodel going on, we had tile/ hardwood/carpet switching to all luxury vinyl plank flooring throughout. No more carpet or tile.

I did all the work in the past, this time around we are having the pros handle.

I've handled all my own home projects in the past from ground up builds to remodeling. I just paid a flooring sub to do the hardwoods in my new home and, while it hurt my pride a little, it was done much faster than I could have finished on my own and my back doesn't hurt.

Looks nice.
Is that a Walker replica on the wall? Looks like too long of a cylinder for an 1860-pattern from here. o_O

That looks really nice.
Now I know who to reach out to for advise when I finish my case of 30-30 and need to start reloading all that brass.

Wondering how much powder has gone down that vent over the years. ;)

Back
Top Bottom