LFD offroad traction board mount

WashingtonTaco

Adventurist
If you have used Maxtrax mount pins you know they are a pain in the rear to use, worse if your traction boards are snowy, icy or muddy.

LFD Offroad makes my rear bumper and many other parts for vehicles. They were prototyping this mount and asked my input. I suggested an extra angle to hide the threaded stud, this also afforded a lockable solution when traveling through the city, and the security fasteners as the hinge point. I added these modifications to the mount they sent me and I had it powder coated as well, I like matchy matchy with my rig. Prior to installing the mount I added rubber washers under the mount, Front Runner roof racks have a tendency to creek. I have found adding rubber under items helps minimize the noise. The price point on this mount is fair at $150.00 and a better solution to the Maxtrax pins.

https://lfdoffroad.com/collections/accessories/products/maxtrax-mount

LFDT1.jpg
LFDT2.jpg
LFDT4.jpg
LFDT5.jpg
LFDT6.jpg

Funny, I'm still using the pins and hate them. Been looking at better solutions but they're few and far between IMO. These look way easier to use, I wonder how they would fare if inverted (hung inside a shell)?

Funny, I'm still using the pins and hate them. Been looking at better solutions but they're few and far between IMO. These look way easier to use, I wonder how they would fare if inverted (hung inside a shell)?

Hung on the side, they may want to fall out at you once you lifted the arm.

Back
Top Bottom