Joshua Tree Run April 12 - 13, 2014

taugust

Adventurist
Founding Member
A friend (BillK263) and I are once again leading a run through and around Joshua Tree NP on the weekend of April 12 and 13. The attached flyer gives the details. All are welcome to attend. We will visit some scenic and historic sites in and near the park, including several mines, Hidden Valley, Berdoo Canyon, and Berdoo Camp.

Please respond by email to august (at) julian-ca.(com) if you would like to attend. This will be mostly mild dirt trails and some highway. We will camp in the Dale Mining District on Sat. night, and re-enter the park on Sunday.

Edit: I assumed that the ranch tours specs were the same as the last time I was there. Sadly, that is not the case. The park service used to have two tours a day. Now there is only one, and the Sunday tour is already booked full. The Saturday tour does not have enough spaces for the current group size, so I have had to cancel the Ranch Tour portion of our run. My apologies. This means that no reservations are required, and no group size limitations. The only charge is for the park entrance fee.

We will now perhaps stop at the Visitor's Center, and take the drive to the Keys View Overlook instead. Spectacular views of the Coachella Valley.

I hope to see some of you there.

Attachments

• Joshua Tree 2014.pdf
    837.2 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
I missed this last time, going to put it on the calendar and hope it works out

Nice, gonna check with the narrator tonight and see if we can make it again.

That's gneiss. Hope you both can come along. And Heidi did a wonderful job narrating the Geology Tour.

That was the most memorable part of the trip!

Hopefully we can make it too!

Well, the narrator is out, but it won't stop me from showing up. Count me in.

Sorry that Heidi can't make it, but glad you can, Mark. All others, welcome.

Full-size is not a problem. All trails are full-size compatible.

As a reminder, please RSVP to me at the email above, so I can get an accurate head count and contact info. If you get a bounce back, try again, as my spam filter may have gotten you. I scan through, but occasionally miss a good one.

At one week out, I will be paying for the ranch tour reservations, and there are no refunds from the park, so this requires a little more commitment than your average run. As with all runs, I know that life sometimes gets in the way. If you back out before reservations are made, no problem. Once the reservations are made, I may be able to fill your spot. There are always last minute drops and adds. Thanks

Hi all,

First post edited. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the Ranch Tour had to be cancelled. :mad:mad

Hi all,

First post edited. Due to circumstances beyond my control, the Ranch Tour had to be cancelled. :mad:mad

That sucks for those that haven't had the chance to go yet, but will also give reason to visit again. I'm still in and will be happy to visit other spots in the park.

Cool. Thanks, guys. Raul, I tried to notify direct, but I don't have an email for you, and your PM box is full.

Do we still need to RSVP to your email now that the limit is lifted? Or is replying here ok?

Because I've been told by Apryl that we're going :)

Back
Top Bottom