Hydraulic Crimpers

Scott

Adventurist
Ok, so I am more than likely going to need to buy a hydraulic crimper, so that I can install my anderson connector lugs onto my #2 AWG cable for my winch wiring. I'll probably only use it once, maybe twice, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on something that's gonna sit in my tool bin. Any thoughts on something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8Ton-Hydrau...298?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20ea3f6792

$31 shipped seems like a good enough deal, even if it's only going to work for the 4 connections I need to make this one time, unless of course someone has one I can borrow around here, for a few bucks???

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Scott

That's the same one offered at Harbor Freight. I actually don't own a crimper that does larger crimps, I just use the one on the wall at work. If I was able to borrow it for MRV, we could just do it there, but I can't take it away while others might need it.

That's the same one offered at Harbor Freight. I actually don't own a crimper that does larger crimps, I just use the one on the wall at work. If I was able to borrow it for MRV, we could just do it there, but I can't take it away while others might need it.

Cris has one and said he will being it to mrv, so we may be doing some work in misfit corner. .

Put orange and black handles on any electrical pliers and the price is astronomical, but so is the quality. Professional grade stuff...kind of like Snap-On, Matco, Mac, Cornwell...pricey as hell, but will last a lifetime of DAILY use. Extreme overkill for weekend, home garage type use.

Put orange and black handles on any electrical pliers and the price is astronomical, but so is the quality. Professional grade stuff...kind of like Snap-On, Matco, Mac, Cornwell...pricey as hell, but will last a lifetime of DAILY use. Extreme overkill for weekend, home garage type use.

Heck, I need a pocket flathead screwdriver for work, and snapon.com has one, but it's like 25 bucks... for a pocket screwdriver lol

But, it's Snap-On... :leprechaun

I found a place online thst sells a reversible flathead/Phillips pocket screwdriver for $2.99 with a magnet on top. I bought 5 of them. I figure if they break, I have extras lol.

I'm almost exclusively Matco for my tools at work. Got a nice new Matco toolbox to store them in too.

I pay extra for the durability with daily use, the warranty just in case, and the helpful sales guy who always knows what I need.

The other aspect is quality of work the tool delivers. I can't be using a pair of $5.00 flimsy crimpers on mission critical builds, only to have that wire fall right out of the terminal. It has to be right the first time. Which is why tools like that exist.

Back
Top Bottom