Foldable Bow Saw?

rlynch356

Adventurist
whom makes a great one?

I discovered I needed one on my recent 4 day trip to the back corner of VA (Dirt roads and trails for days there....)

Hard for me to imagine using anything OTHER than a Sven Saw, the tooth profile makes them cut SO FAST.

That said, I appreciate WTs critique of the assembly issues. Years ago I used to carry a spare wingnut I'd picked up at the hardware store. I've long since misplaced the spare, but have never had the original come loose since you can tighten it down in the folded position...

Not a "bow saw" per se, but this foldable saw from Fiskars lives in the truck. Cuts like nobody's business, lightweight, and takes up almost no room.

Resource_FiskarsAmericas_394960-1001.jpg

Not a "bow saw" per se, but this foldable saw from Fiskars lives in the truck. Cuts like nobody's business, lightweight, and takes up almost no room.

View attachment 60240
Same. Had to get another because I kept taking it out of the truck.

I'll third this. I've used my folding saw for more things than I can count. Most recently a large pine had fallen across the road in the neighborhood and I was able to clear enough branches from it at 4:30 in the morning to drive around and make it to the airport on time.

I have been looking at the Agawa for quite a while and hear nothing but good about them. I currently have a knock-off of the fiskars folding saw, it is less than $20 bucks on amazon. It cuts great, but certainly is not the same quality construction as the fiskars. My biggest complaint is that it does not lock in the closed position. It does lock in 2 open positions though

https://amzn.to/3Q5nmCq

It isn't folding, or even a bow saw, but we have two of the Corona 14" saws that cut remarkably well and remain sharp far longer than other saws we've used. One is in our garden shed, and the other lives under the seat in the truck. I just store it in the original cardboard sleeve (although it now has some cardboard and duct tape reinforcement)

I have a fancy buck saw and hatchet combo, but almost always use the Corona instead.

https://www.amazon.com/Corona-RS160...82PMLVPF/dp/B082PMLVPF/ref=dp_ob_title_garden

7134-HH0CQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for all the reply's .. some good options. this came up because of a chainsaw issue I had on my last trip (basically would not run under throttle anymore even though it was used the weekend before and tested before the trip of course). and I really don't like carrying a chainsaw around if possible.
I might get both a Sven saw and one of the foldable ones.

Back
Top Bottom