Deciphering the battery language

Once you're set up and installed, if you ever need to add more juice, it's easy to do it. You know your needs a whole lot better than I do :) If you never outgrow your setup, then you've only saved money!

Oh man simi is the other end of the world lol I'm in corona. I'll have to catch it on a wheeling trip or mt RV.

Brett C.
IronworksTactical.com - owner

Holy cow batman! I have a 1 year olds birthday to go to today. Then tomorrow I'll be wrenching in my shop all day. Building rifles like a slave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was worth the drive, we got a lot done on a number of vehicles. And I was able to dispense some wiring knowledge to a few people, to help them along in their projects. I fell asleep immediately after getting home though! :)

It was worth the drive, we got a lot done on a number of vehicles. And I was able to dispense some wiring knowledge to a few people, to help them along in their projects. I fell asleep immediately after getting home though! :)

Sounds fun I'll have to hit up the next one I can. I don't have weekends off very often though.

Brett C.

The only real difference between Gunsmithing and wrenching is the size of the hammer and punch lol.

Brett C.

Well got my dual battery system in. Now to find some good outlets and essentials to wire up.

Brett C.

Yeah yeah lol. I've got a couple as we were working nothing complete. After I get my drawers in ill do a build thread.
9agazegy.jpg

Running the main house battery wire under the hood to the starter battery

uga7egy2.jpg

How we brought the main line and the ground up through the bed

yzureqeg.jpg

The getting close to end results. We still needed some connectors to finish it off which we did tonight.

Brett C.

I saw your post on the other place about fuses and your talk with CTEK...

I have some concerns, to say the least.

That rather large wire running from the front of the engine compartment to the bed, is there a breaker or fuse within 18 inches of the front battery?

I don't care what ANY manufacturer says about leaving out fuses/breakers.. If something were to happen to that wire anywhere between the front and aux battery, and there is no protection, you will have a pretty frightening scenario on your hands real quick.

Maybe a more detail photo of your connections, front and rear, to help answer some questions?

If something were to happen to that wire anywhere between the front and aux battery, and there is no protection, you will have a pretty frightening scenario on your hands real quick.

When you say pretty frightening do you mean loose all power from your main battery, destroy your main battery, fire in the engine compartment or all the above.

I'll take some when I'm home etc. on the road for work. I will probably be putting in a breaker even though they say that they do not recommend it.

After I get my drawers in ill do a build thread.

Running the main house battery wire under the hood to the starter battery

uga7egy2.jpg

How we brought the main line and the ground up through the bed

yzureqeg.jpg

The getting close to end results. We still needed some connectors to finish it off which we did tonight.

Brett C.

The build thread should start now, so we can watch the drawers go in, and you already have the wiring starting, so that gives you your first 2 posts. I agree with Mitch, I dont see fuses or breakers and that could be disastrous. I would also recommend putting some kind of a grommet or fitting where the wires are passing through the bed. my set up is pretty similar, I used outdoor compression fittings and it worked well. You can see them in my build thread here http://americanadventurist.com/Foru...ower-Wagon-Build&p=13926&viewfull=1#post13926

Blkwgn, the bed is completely composite there is no metal in the bed at all so it's passing through plastic. As for the fuse or breaker I called ctek to ask for the proper size breaker they recommend. Thy stated, we do not recommend using a breaker or fuse in line because the ctek will take care if any issues the fuse or breaker would. However I will probably be putting in a breaker at the starter battery.

As for the build thread I'll take pics of the drawer install. Just don't have time to do a write up currently.

Interesting will ctek pay for damage due to a fire with no fuse.?
Blkwgn, the bed is completely composite there is no metal in the bed at all so it's passing through plastic. As for the fuse or breaker I called ctek to ask for the proper size breaker they recommend. Thy stated, we do not recommend using a breaker or fuse in line because the ctek will take care if any issues the fuse or breaker would. However I will probably be putting in a breaker at the starter battery.

As for the build thread I'll take pics of the drawer install. Just don't have time to do a write up currently.

Back
Top Bottom