BoldAdventures 2015 Power Wagon Build

I've been hunting for a steel front bumper for awhile. Something that matches the lines of the truck, and is a high clearance bumper.

I love the looks of the AEV bumper, but it does nothing to improve the limitations of the factory bumper.

The second problem in finding a bumper, is most of the steel bumpers out there are built for diesel Ram trucks. And require relocating the winch. And usually stick out further from the front of the truck than I'd prefer.

Then a fellow Power Wagon owner and upstart business owner designed a bumper specifically for our truck. Kye is a mechanical engineer, designer & welder by trade.

17126223_340916449636317_4142355799324229632_n.jpg

So I'm officially the second person to purchase one of these high clearance bumpers from Kinzer Offroad.

Kinzer_Offroad__New_Order_Confirmed__00002_-_mike_mk3y_com_-_MK3Y__LLC_Mail.jpg

Bumper should arrive at the end of the month.

And hopefully, the next thread update here will be the installation of said bumper and some of the other suspension items I have planned.

Last edited:
That will look awesome on your truck Mike! Will need to get out your way to wheel with you someday again. Chocolate covered Bacon was the best smores ever!

I've been hunting for a steel front bumper for awhile. Something that matches the lines of the truck, and is a high clearance bumper.

I love the looks of the AEV bumper, but it does nothing to improve the limitations of the factory bumper.

The second problem in finding a bumper, is most of the steel bumpers out there are built for diesel Ram trucks. And require relocating the winch. And usually stick out further from the front of the truck than I'd prefer.

Then a fellow Power Wagon owner and upstart business owner designed a bumper specifically for our truck. Kye is a mechanical engineer, designer & welder by trade.

17126223_340916449636317_4142355799324229632_n.jpg

So I'm officially the second person to purchase one of these high clearance bumpers from Kinzer Offroad.

View attachment 29187

Bumper should arrive at the end of the month.

And hopefully, the next thread update here will be the installation of said bumper and some of the other suspension items I have planned.
I was just looking at them the other day, looks well made. The first true high clearance bumper I have seen that does not require the relocation of the factory winch.

What finish are you going with on the new bumper? They look stout, nice and tight to the body lines. I love how clean our trucks look with the factory bumper, especially your Laramie. What finish are you going with? I feel like black would make the truck look off balance, but not sure how chrome would look on there either... Anxious to see the finished product! I'd love real bumpers down the line, especially a rear high clearance bumper (like Mercenary makes for the older trucks), with an incorporated tire swing, like what the Taco guys can get.

Mercenary makes for the older trucks), with an incorporated tire swing, like what the Taco guys can get.

Mercenary makes them for the newer trucks as well. I have been in talks with him to add a split swing out to a high clearance bumper, I just can't seem to get the funds together

What finish are you going with on the new bumper? They look stout, nice and tight to the body lines. I love how clean our trucks look with the factory bumper, especially your Laramie. What finish are you going with? I feel like black would make the truck look off balance, but not sure how chrome would look on there either... Anxious to see the finished product! I'd love real bumpers down the line, especially a rear high clearance bumper (like Mercenary makes for the older trucks), with an incorporated tire swing, like what the Taco guys can get.

Well it's going to be black painted for now. That's the big debate really. I love @SomedayAdventure's Buckstop Bumper in that beautiful Chrome. But I'm not sure if I want to smash rocks into chrome. :) LOL

I've been toying with the idea of replacing the front grille with the updated 2017 Rebel style that is now on the Power Wagons. And possibly matte black powder coat or line-x. I'm just not a HUGE fan of spraying Line-X all over the truck.

A lot of my other vehicles, including my previous Ram 1500 I debadged. and this is the first one I've left mostly alone, including all the badging.

So up in the air. I'd have to find someone to do either. Not sure I'd like it painted white either.

Isn't that bumper all polished stainless? Looks sweet, but it would definitely hurt to scrape it across rocks! I vote NOT white, it'll look like a SEMA bumper. Black seems to be the easiest, and would definitely look cool with the new grille. My only gripe about line x on bumpers and body panels is cleaning it, and then it fading. I saw a JK that was completely covered in it last weekend and it looked awful lol!

@BlkWgn Had no idea they made them for the newer trucks! Hmmmmm.... One of their high clearance bumpers with a tire swing out would be SWEET!

I love the look and function of the Kinzer bumper, seems to be what I'm after for my Ram... Its not a PW but the normal 2500 that Im building my own PW out of slowly:) My question is would it work with my own standard winch of choosing since i don't have the factory PW winch and hardware mounted?

Thanks!
Alex

I love the look and function of the Kinzer bumper, seems to be what I'm after for my Ram... Its not a PW but the normal 2500 that Im building my own PW out of slowly:) My question is would it work with my own standard winch of choosing since i don't have the factory PW winch and hardware mounted?

Thanks!
Alex

You can buy the PW winch cradle separately, they show up on ebay from time to time. But if you have a diesel, then no, the intercooler prevents behind the bumper mounting.

No Cummins here, just the fun 6.4:) Stooping at every gas station we see! Haha...what kind of mpg are you seeing towing the Airstream? I have also been looking at some of the stealth winch mounts that look like they may fit the bill too.
Take care

Been slow on updates. Still waiting on my bumper, which is suppose to ship by this Friday. Def behind on the lead time. But Key did send a progress photo on Friday.

In the meantime, truck needs new brakes, I've used Power Stop and Hawk in the past. But the reviews from others who tow made me nervous. So Severe Duty Wagners for now. Also picked up an AEV raised Air intake and Dodge Offroad Steering Brace.

Should get this all taken care of by Sunday. All in prep for our Moab trip.

unnamed.jpg

stuff-for-truck.jpg

Last edited:
AEV Raised Air Ram Intake install...

Setup..
17966958_1686232215006472_1103077324147003_o.jpg

Here we go..
17880531_1686232208339806_7966837957543502138_o.jpg

And now, no turning back...
17967010_1686232218339805_4740496621850763602_o.jpg

Completed install
17966148_1686232248339802_3865370814709887149_o.jpg

Approx how much time did it take to install, and how were the instructions. I have heard a few people say they are not very clear but looking at your photos it seems pretty straight forward

Hey @sfsmedic, how long do you think this sat in his garage before he installed in on the truck? :stir

Approx how much time did it take to install, and how were the instructions. I have heard a few people say they are not very clear but looking at your photos it seems pretty straight forward

Getting the template lined up, and doing the cut work, probably like 45 mins. What was time-consuming/frustrating was all the little stuff you have to take apart. Fender liner, all the clips in the engine bay getting to the air box. Pulling off the fender. I had my wife help as it's easier in some places with a helper. Probably spent about 4 hours on it.

As for the directions, they are fairly clear up unto a point. I'd say they are clearly written for a professional installer. There are a bunch of assumptions in the directions. Which if you don't work on your vehicle a lot might be confusing.

In preparation for our trip to Moab, I've been catching up on some things for the truck. My RamBoxes have been a little disorganized now for some time. So I purchased the Mopar RamBox Cargo Management system. I had it on my previous Ram 1500 and have been meaning to pick it up for some time now. Becuase I use my Ram Boxes like crazy, it's very useful.

Old Truck:
OU87ToRvQW2C2DAJh8JJ9IxqXigrVjow6Rf7AzvyQ6qvIGSVNAASnI9NS_NXhibsVCNzuCs7RFPCprS-MM2u89pbOFdWdtceijgY2dthdWeo7HkD3b0iYKK3E2cm1p1nxy4pRYWbMqgCb_AyT1zVgxiy44cB-diS3X-SMC7Ui0C6zFdmXBF4yhBNys_iyeTMDvE1bOwaH6roktVJNtwo57mbDGJWXTUFqk5T20YNb5g_vTI3KRSwtXSyepyfUhYwthWV5Ds95TdJtXz5SgoCDlzN7dFB-p72rmY2lMCJENsIhnjlCUbO5uAzom6wJtUwVSPu4EwOG2a544majsNsr-GHJmRUOPfrmfLkvBczN_7bAy-c4FkGWm9SvFaZmY8_hYZo2cJVAe5xsc7OXr1NU0NSSnyapGm3y5Dn629SM2uw5XumQfUvVYhUTv49lnPBRHNPWnJfsDJlRpfEjPjxsVOHA9o1Dlx02rW5wmODjajdpm8Ak734ISSgS42aCFkNacbQH9PyCu-aUogrRUJzCohe2be9UdHGkPRHJ1gLTwpRcLHnAq4amL9IAn441cF9GsI8ROlIy6wLTm550ZIU3LEhX87lmraK3JWz_PiBCQLUs-yUuKUy=w700

Going, to be honest here though. I really feel like this should be standard, or included from RAM when you buy a truck with the RamBox option. I don't understand how it's a dealer "extra". I can see excluding it from a Tradesman, but I have a Laramie.

Anyways, some pictures:
17951909_1688141691482191_8361347305905189729_n.jpg

18010664_1688141884815505_4812401574395999618_n.jpg

18033157_1688141928148834_8966519194280096147_n.jpg

Also picked up two TEKTON tire gauges. The one I have now is garbage. Why two? Well, I setup my onboard air so that the wife and I can each air up a side of the truck at the same time. This saves time naturally.

17990609_1688131741483186_3131660940858204160_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom